how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slipperyPete

@31.6.17.x
reply to upantsmaster

Re: [BC] Bill C-11

I warned all my friends with using BitTorrent and the possibilities of eavesdropping. May I suggest Encryption for your future endeavours?

»torrentfreak.com/how-to-encrypt-···traffic/

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by slipperyPete :

I warned all my friends with using BitTorrent and the possibilities of eavesdropping. May I suggest Encryption for your future endeavours?

Encryption like that doesn't work. P2P needs you to directly connect to others in the swarm to share files. Since you have to be able to connect to their pc's directly you can't hide your ip using standard encryption.

Proxies and VPNs will mask your ip, or at least an a layer so you can't be identified directly.

upantsmaster

join:2008-06-13
Vancouver, BC

I am not using torrent but paid download storage so I dont think that's exempt too

slipperyPete

@27.100.17.x
reply to zod5000

said by zod5000:

said by slipperyPete :

Encryption like that doesn't work. P2P needs you to directly connect to others in the swarm to share files. Since you have to be able to connect to their pc's directly you can't hide your ip using standard encryption.

Proxies and VPNs will mask your ip, or at least an a layer so you can't be identified directly.

ahh yes, correct you are, forgot about how it uses a swarm. *need more java* Never used P2P myself, not my thing.