join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to NoOneCares

Premium Member

to NoOneCares

Re: HTPC Project Build

said by NoOneCares:

said by pandora:

IMO it's a lot easier to get an OEM copy of Windows 7 or join Technet for a year.

Not quite the great deal it used to be. If you don't keep up Technet membership year after year your Keys expire. This is the new rules starting last July.

I have Win 7 keys from almost 3 years ago (10 home, 10 pro and 5 ultimate) do you think they will expire without renewal?

NoOneCares
join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR

NoOneCares

said by pandora:

said by NoOneCares:

said by pandora:

IMO it's a lot easier to get an OEM copy of Windows 7 or join Technet for a year.

Not quite the great deal it used to be. If you don't keep up Technet membership year after year your Keys expire. This is the new rules starting last July.

I have Win 7 keys from almost 3 years ago (10 home, 10 pro and 5 ultimate) do you think they will expire without renewal?

No, as long as you don't renew after July 2012 then those are ok. I renewed in June and will no longer renew, but I'll still be able to use the keys that I have (up to their limits).
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by NoOneCares:

No, as long as you don't renew after July 2012 then those are ok. I renewed in June and will no longer renew, but I'll still be able to use the keys that I have (up to their limits).

Thanks for the information, my renewal date is 2/2013. I guess no renewal. Is there a page to stop automatic renewal?

NoOneCares
join:2000-09-16
Portland, OR

NoOneCares

said by pandora:

Thanks for the information, my renewal date is 2/2013. I guess no renewal. Is there a page to stop automatic renewal?

I don't know about Auto-Renewals (I never had it), but if there was I'd only presume on your Account page.
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by NoOneCares:

said by pandora:

I don't know about Auto-Renewals (I never had it), but if there was I'd only presume on your Account page.

I am amazingly over the current quota's on many products, and will not renew if that means my old licenses will be excluded from this nonsense.

I've been a member for 3 years and this is a bit annoying. Thanks for the heads up, just prior to renewal, I'm resigning from technet.