spc
uniqs

aa2k
join:2000-10-06
Damascus, MD

aa2k to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish

Re: Renewal Troubles

Hi, how much did you save by dropping the phone? I am planning on doing the same thing.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by aa2k:

Hi, how much did you save by dropping the phone? I am planning on doing the same thing.

I'm curious about this too. When I asked about dropping my landline last year they told me my bill would actually go UP by $5/month. I assume this is because of my cell phone bundling discount. I hate having a landline. We rarely use it and every day my voicemail is flooded with political and other nonsense messages.

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

In my case I was thinking of switching to directv dropping the tv and landline but they said my internet would automatically go from75/35 to 50/25 and would cost me $85.00 a month and be put in another 2 year contract(I still have 18 months to go on current contract),I was also told dropping the home phone would only save me $5.00,plus i have something called a 1 bill account because i have wireless phone,landline,internet,and fios tv all on one bill. I decided to stay at least for 1 more year,I almost feel like i'm being held hostage.

Traxless
Premium Member
join:2005-02-16
USA

Traxless to aa2k

Premium Member

to aa2k
After one (1) more call, I was finally able to sort this out. There is not an ETF if you renew an agreement even if you make changes to your buddle. My final monthly price for FIOS Prime TV and 15/5 Mbps Internet is $89.95 or $30 a month less than with the telephone including the taxes and fees with the phone service.

In addition, since I have one-billing with our Verizon wireless account, I received an Internet upgrade from 15/5 to the 50/25 plan for the same $89.95 price.

For the first time, we are only wireless phone in this house with an annual savings of about $350-$400.

vshun1
@fanniemae.com

vshun1 to ansky

Anon

to ansky
said by ansky:

said by aa2k:

I'm curious about this too. When I asked about dropping my landline last year they told me my bill would actually go UP by $5/month. I assume this is because of my cell phone bundling discount. I hate having a landline. We rarely use it and every day my voicemail is flooded with political and other nonsense messages.

I dropped landline with them 3-4 years ago and went to VOIP which is $10 a month. Most of the savings are in fees which Verizon deceptively calls regulatory/subscribe/e911/whatever. VOIP has a few mandatory charges but they amount to $2 only while Verizon charges hefty amount. I felt I am being lied by Verizon and do not appreciate it so dropping landline with them is a no-brainer.

If you go Obi Hai with Google voice or OOMA over time you save significantly and will not feel duped by those fees/"taxes".