Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica

Re: Antonica: Solo tanking 25 man LFRs..

I tanked LFR Elegon on my 458 equiped bear when the other tank failed to the floor.

LFR is serious business.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

You should have heard the mounting conspiracy theories formulated due to your absence last night.

Apparently you are the worlds leading exporter of cocaina?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Jobbie

to Jobbie
I tanked Feng last night for about 10 seconds mid-fight...well, the five of us did.

Four or five consecutive 350k Arcane Blast crits is serious business.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

Solo tanking him for 95% of the fight was not fun... Bad tanks are bad... refused to taunt entire fight. Only tanked the last couple percent because my stampeding roar wasn't up to kite him for my stacks to fall off again so I ate it.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

How are you liking bear tanks? They surviving pretty good? Mine is 89 and might be tanking soon.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

You should have heard the mounting conspiracy theories formulated due to your absence last night.

Apparently you are the worlds leading exporter of cocaina?

dafuq... Company forgot to pay the internet bill so I was out of juice last night, it should be fixed by now.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Antonica

to Antonica
A similar thing happened in my group last night. One tank either didn't know to taunt or refused to, so the other tank died...when he got his brez he refused to taunt, instead preferring to called the other guy a retard and several other names in /raid...At the end of the fight, there was ~8 of us left, including my Mirror Images.

They probably took more melee hits from Feng over the course of the fight than one of the tanks did.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
The important thing was you downed him.

And that we all got to add some exciting new words to our vocabulary =P

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

How are you liking bear tanks? They surviving pretty good? Mine is 89 and might be tanking soon.

I am loving my bear tank, hopfully with the changes on 5.1 it would be easier to decide what button to press instead of waiting for every 60 rage to blow glyphed frenzied regeneration.

Overall they are a lot of fun.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

lol. LFR is the very bottom of the barrel. The casual and hardcore raiders hold their nose and clinch tight and run through there hoping not to get stained by the shit.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

I'm only doing LFR right now till probably this weekend. Did all 5 LFRs and I'm 474 ilvl. It's not bad, and mostly the same. I tend to not be cookie cutter and no offense to anyone else, but glyph of frenzied regen is not my thing :P. I tried it, didn't help any. Now and then I'll get an oh shit moment and pop a HS and a pot at the same time, but for the most part it's the same as what it was (or I just got used to the changes already).

I'm not sure what I think about the tooth and claw thing... honestly I don't see the numbers I'm taking lower when it's active as not every boss is a physical dps boss. Most bosses have some sort of spell damage that they do and don't hit that hard to begin wtih. Any boss that does hit hard, you use bark skin for so there's not big visual benefit to the T&C.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Antonica:

I tend to not be cookie cutter and no offense to anyone else, but glyph of frenzied regen is not my thing :P. I tried it, didn't help any.

It has nothing to do with being cookie cutter. Your healers certainly notice it, whether or not you do. As a disc priest, I get a 30% increased healing on the tank, and that glyph gives me another 40%.

That means the difference between spamming Heal versus Greater Heal on you, which will mean I go OOM in 3-4 minutes vs. 1-2 minutes of GH.

Frenzied Regen un-glyphed is also a bad idea because if you use it to heal to full, it almost always means the incoming heals immediately after that are wasted.

And if you took Renewal, you already have a very strong "oh shit" button best used in conjunction with Might of Ursoc (increases hp by 30%, 50% with glyph).

And if you take the glyph, it is a buff that increases ALL healing to you over 6 seconds, which has more utility than a single heal.

All that said, I *can* see you avoiding the glyph if you don't trust your healers at all (primarily LFR), but I think it's a pretty shitty trade-off. But you should be running with the glyph if we are doing guild runs and someone from Aftershock is healing you.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

That's not the problem. How well will it work when I can only get it off once every 2 minutes becaues of rage?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You get 60 rage every 2 minutes? You might want to reforge to cap expertise.

Bear tanking is all about generating rage, no longer about defensive stats (hit-exp-crit-haste). You can thank Blizzard.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to Antonica

to Antonica
Tooth and Decay by the numbers is looking pretty good from what I have read. It also helps when you are off tanking by lowering the damage to the main tank.

I don't use the FR Glyph in LFR, 5-mans, or questing because its another heal that comes in useful. But for raiding it is better to offset your FR to the healers and use your rage on SD or now maul w/TD proc.

Also another great heal is macro-ing Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch together. It has like a 1 min cooldown and comes in very handy.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

What's the numbers with NS+HT versus Renewal? Might of Ursoc + Renewal is a very strong heal.

Feralmordius

1 recommendation

Feralmordius

I am not sure on the numbers. But combined it was stronger than renewal itself. I picked it since it has a 1 min cool down. Might of Ursoc has 3min cooldown and Renewal has 2min cooldown, so I can use NS+HT at least twice as much as renewal alone.

I guess some fights that have a larger burst damage, the other pair may be more useful.

I also good reading for Bear specific fights,
»theincbear.com/10m-satur ··· n-vaults
»theincbear.com/10m-satur ··· -of-fear

This is where I originally read NS+HT macro and decided to try it out.

»www.tankspot.com/showthr ··· -Tanking

Tier 2 (Level 30): Nature’s Swiftness > Renewal > Cenarion Ward.
Why: Nature’s Swiftness makes your Healing Touch instant, heal for 50% more, and doesn’t pop you out of bear form. One minute cooldown.
- Renewal heals 30% of your max health once per 2 minutes. It stacks with MoU, yes but now you’ve blown both of your health cooldowns. Icy Veins recommends this over Nature’s Swiftness, but I really much prefer a NS+HT available every minute to me, doubly so if I have FR glyphed. On the beta with Dream of Cenarius, it cleared 130K heals on a lucky crit heal. That kicks Renewal’s tail, hands down.
Renewal may outpace NS+HT at high stam stacking (jury is still out), but so far I've been able to bail out some hairy five mans by using my NS+HT on the healer. Renewal only works on you.
- Cenarion Ward is supposed to be the equivalent of the Paladin’s Sacred Shield, but it seriously lacks healing punch and doesn’t include an absorb like the paladin version does. Suspect it may be more for Resto druids with higher spellpower.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

Renewal will scale better with higher gear than NT+HT though.

(However I am currently using the NT+HT combo... for now)

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

I go with Renewal because I think it is a lot more beneficial to have one bigger heal than 2 smaller heals more often, that means the odds of me being saved by renewal is better than a ns+ht.

If you are having a lot of rage issues Antonica, Kris is right. You need to look into being rage/crit capped. Theincbear has a lot of numbers on that. Simply put though, you want a lot of crit, be exp capped and be close to hit capped all while not sacrificing too much dodge/mastery/stamina. It's a lot of balancing right now and it sucks, lol. Maybe try reforgelite addon to help with reforging.

I also use FR unglyphed, this is what they recommend over at theincbear as well. Glyphed FR taking 60 rage to use is a real killer for me(imo at my crappy gear level anyways) just a thought.

Feralmordius

Feralmordius

Alot of balancing indeed. +1 for ReforgeLite, I find it much better and more flexible than AskMrRobot. However AskMrRobot does have the crit build option.

I know this depends heavily on gear but what do your numbers look like? Do you soft cap expertise for go higher?

My Stats:
Crit - 25.27%
Expertise - 10.89%
Hit - 4.92% (I thought I had this at 7%)
Mastery - 45.03%
Dodge - 13.21%
Stam - 16588

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
I don't have rage issues. The only time I would have rage issues, is when I tired to have glyphed FR up 100% of the time.

I dont like it glyphed anyway, so there are no rage issues now. I don't have any problems surviving or with threat. Ask Jobbie :P
Antonica

Antonica to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
Not sure what my EXP is, I'm sure it's really low though. I haven't reforged anything though, so that's something I can work on. Got 2 upgrades last night that put me way over hit cap, so I work on that tonight as well.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

I don't have rage issues.

oook......
Jobbie

Jobbie to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
Jokes aside I don't understand how you could peel the bosses off me after I taunted, I would have thread and the he would just go after your furry self.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

Many times you can see my fat ass faced to the boss, so I don't know either...

And let me fix my previous post. "I don't have bear rage issues in WoW". :P

Feralmordius

Feralmordius to Antonica

to Antonica
I was just wondering more for my build what other Crit builds numbers are looking like. Sounds like you have more the dodge stam build which is working for some. Think it really comes down to play style.
said by Jobbie:

Jokes aside I don't understand how you could peel the bosses off me after I taunted, I would have thread and the he would just go after your furry self.

Don't bleeds cause threat and can't they crit? So if the bleeds where hitting faster than your attacks it could of caused the boss to go back. I think this is primarily why I have issues catching up threat with some ot tanks while tanking on my pally.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Yeah I think that was it, I was tanking Terrace with Antonica on my 470stillinblues druid and I had to taunt sometimes twice to get the mob back on me.

When we did HoF with my Paladin that is better geared we didn't have that issue.