uniqs
share rss forum feed

Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium
join:2005-05-02
us

Mobile Device Management

What are you guys using the manage all the mobile devices in your enterprise? i know a popular one is mobile iron but i'm wondering what is in use and how well it works
--
Think Ahead. Learn More. Solve Now!

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

Right now, since we are primarily using Apple products, we are running Apple's Profile Manager on an OS X Server. I am not a huge fan, but it does what I need, for now. I am evaluating Meraki's Cloud MDM, so far so good, and does multi-platform.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1
reply to Modus

current $customer uses mobileiron. they are happy with it -- and manage quite a unique blend of devices (they are in a healthcare vertical).
it takes some work to get it tweaked and device support can be tricky at times -- but i think its the best for what they need. any device that can't be imported immediately into mobileiron is placed into an untrusted subnet and firewalled.

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to Modus

Altiris MDM, we are also using Nukona and Odyssey with our own App store hosted on prem. We do not limit it to IOS, we support android also. There is also Athena for SCCM

»www.nukona.com
»www.symantec.com/theme.jsp?theme···-odyssey
»www.symantec.com/mobile-manageme···-manager

Bryon
This space for rent
Premium
join:2001-07-23
Speedway, IN
reply to Modus

JAMF Software's Casper Suite.
»www.jamfsoftware.com/products/casper-suite

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America
reply to Modus

Excellent topic - been considering a solution for some time...

Question - do any of them allow control over existing activesync users? Can you simply "import" or "discover" them, and then force into the new system?

Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium
join:2005-05-02
us

I've been sorting through a MDM questionnaire done by informatioweek. So far it looks like they did a pretty good job on gathering info, i'm looking at MobileIron,Fiberlink,AirWatch and 2 others. I going to try and narrow it down to 2 then do some testing with those 2 products, if one sucks then i have some others i can try

The cool thing is we just got a variety of tablets in so i'll be able to test across all platforms
--
Think Ahead. Learn More. Solve Now!

join:2012-12-04
reply to Modus

Kochartech MDM, we are using to track their assets using GPS; enforce usage policies; apply over-the-air software and application updates; support end-users with remote-controls; and secure data using functions such as 'power on password', application lockdown, and remote lock/ wipe.

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to Modus

i havent used them, but i came across their site and saved it to look into it at a later time.

»www.maas360.com/

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·KCH Cable

Currently giving MaaS360 a try (Fiberlink), and am nearly sold. The only thing I'm having trouble with is how it handles which devices are licensed - not very easy to say I only want some, but not all. For example, I really only want to license some, but not all.

Other than that, the most impressive thing was just how easy it was to set up - literally within minutes, I had the service working. This alone was huge. No need to set up a server. Can see existing devices, and it catches new ones pretty quickly.