dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Bad tie rod end?Rust :( »
This is a sub-selection from Tire Inflation ?
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to aurgathor

to aurgathor

Re: Tire Inflation ?

Guy at work has a battery-power compressor in his car, so I borrowed that and got my tires up to 32 psi.

I think I'll stop at Lowes and get one of these »www.lowes.com/pd_146781- ··· =3522750
(was mentioned in the other thread)

With my old car, I never had to put air in the tires, so this caught me off guard.
Bob4

Bob4

said by Bob4:

I think I'll stop at Lowes and get one of these »www.lowes.com/pd_146781- ··· =3522750

So I got the Kobalt unit. It's pretty nice, although noisy as hell. It has a digital PSI display. You just set the desired pressure, hit start, and it runs & shuts off automatically when the target pressure is reached.

Only thing that concerns me is that I can see sparks inside the unit when it's running. I guess it's the motor commutator??

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns

Premium Member

Yes, most compressors these days are real loud. The sparks probably are the brushes.

Hope it lasts; I never have had luck with those small compressors. I would have gotten a real one with a tank, but they start near $100.

I have a small Kobalt 3 gal compressor I picked up off CL. It works ok but has a bit of burning smell when it works hard. Probably dust on the compressor. Don't use it much as I have a big compressor for the garage.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by Bob4:

So I got the Kobalt unit. It's pretty nice, although noisy as hell. It has a digital PSI display. You just set the desired pressure, hit start, and it runs & shuts off automatically when the target pressure is reached.

Only thing that concerns me is that I can see sparks inside the unit when it's running. I guess it's the motor commutator??

Most oil-less compressors are very noisy. Sparks are normal with most electric motors.