Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:10
reply to Rick4769

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Cable Channel Wish List

said by Rick4769:

I enjoy the HD feed of TCM as compared to the SD feed that are offered by Time Warner. It is definitely one of the HD channels I must have since it is commercial free. Ever since AMC added commercials, I quit watching it as the movies are cut up and virtually ruined.

I must admit I never watch it.....With FIOS maxed out on channels I doubt they will see it anytime soon.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

roc5955
Premium
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY
reply to Rick4769

I would like to see them come up with a new guide that didn't take a half hour to load updates, and not stall when accessing menus.
--
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by roc5955:

I would like to see them come up with a new guide that didn't take a half hour to load updates, and not stall when accessing menus.

I dont have any of those issues. What box do you have?

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

roc5955
Premium
Rosendale, NY

SA 4250HDC
It's not the box that sucks, it's the program. Once they went to Maestro, or whatever they call this piece of crapware is, it started this. All my calls to support tell me that this "sometimes" happens. I guess that sometimes is a couple of times a week.
Also, before they went with Maestro, I was getting three or more weeks of program schedules. Now it's no more than a week.
And if it's near the time when they have to update the schedule, it's slower than molasses on a snail in February!
--

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by roc5955:

SA 4250HDC
It's not the box that sucks, it's the program. Once they went to Maestro, or whatever they call this piece of crapware is, it started this. All my calls to support tell me that this "sometimes" happens. I guess that sometimes is a couple of times a week.
Also, before they went with Maestro, I was getting three or more weeks of program schedules. Now it's no more than a week.
And if it's near the time when they have to update the schedule, it's slower than molasses on a snail in February!

You should post any Navigator issues in this thread here:

»[TWC] Time Warner Navigator

I will replay with your quote in that thread. This thread is for a channel wish list.

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to roc5955

"SA 4250HDC
It's not the box that sucks, it's the program."

Actually its the box. Its pretty old. The newer Samsungs and Cisco's are better, they have more memory. The guide is updated nightly, it goes out 7 days and has done for as long as I can remember. I don't ever remember it going out 3 weeks as in most cases 3 weeks of data does not exist.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

roc5955
Premium
Rosendale, NY

Well, that's the box I was given at the office. Maybe that's all the boxes that they are giving out here!
--

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

Possibly, I dont have an in depth knowledge of every area.

Hob

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Does Time Warner actually take into consideration their customers channel requests?

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by Rick4769:

Does Time Warner actually take into consideration their customers channel requests?

Yes,

Along with the best deals or packages that they can in negotiations. System bandwidth is another issue. As more analog stations come off of additional TWC/BHN systems, this will make the way for increased channel space.

I am thrilled with TWC's channel selection line-up in the Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin Market! It is HUGE! By comparison, I think only New York City and vicinity has a bigger line up.

Popularity basing, with the strong demand for NFL Network and Red Zone for football fans, I don't think there are too many more "big deal" channels that we don't have at TWC. TWC has a better HD channel selection than any satellite provider or AT&T U-Verse. (in my division.)

Satch

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

I did notice that many TWC divisions add sub channels that are carried by the area local stations. Unfortunately in Buffalo, we only carry two sub-channels, Antenna-TV 2.2 and the Country Network 29.2. Missing are local sub-channels 67.2 This Network, Qubo 51.2 and ION-Life 51.3, WNYB 26.2-HD and WNYB 26.3 Family--Public Domain shows.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

The latest notice for WNY does not even mention the different PAC 12 HD feeds which were to be added in the October and November notices. Yet, they remain on the PDF printed channel listing as available. »www.timewarnercable.com/northeas···clu.ashx

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Satch

said by Satch:

said by Rick4769:

Yes,

Along with the best deals or packages that they can in negotiations. System bandwidth is another issue. As more analog stations come off of additional TWC/BHN systems, this will make the way for increased channel space.

I am thrilled with TWC's channel selection line-up in the Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin Market! It is HUGE! By comparison, I think only New York City and vicinity has a bigger line up.

Popularity basing, with the strong demand for NFL Network and Red Zone for football fans, I don't think there are too many more "big deal" channels that we don't have at TWC. TWC has a better HD channel selection than any satellite provider or AT&T U-Verse. (in my division.)

Satch

Actually Wisconsin is on the mid range for TWC systems you guys are missing a lot of the HD premiums not to mention your area has been passed up on HD adds such as bloomberg HD, MTV2 HD, TV Land HD, PAC12 national HD, 5 Cinemax HD channels, 2 HBO HD channels, 4 Starz HD channels, TMC Xtra HD, 4 Showtime HD channels.

I have a feeling that come early 2013 the midwest is going to be getting the rest of the HD channels that TWC has agreements for.

I noticed that TWC recently got SDV up and running in the former comcast areas of the LA region so now they are getting more HD! They also still have a lot of HD channels not on SDV due to not having the expanded basic tier digital only.

LA is getting:
National Geographic Wild HD
Hub HD
Sundance HD
Fox Deportes HD
MLB Strike Zone HD (former Comcast areas only which did not get it this last season when the 860MHz SDV areas of socal got the channel)
Fox Movie Channel HD
Encore HD
TV Japan HD
HSN HD
beIN sport HD
beIN sport Espanol HD
Fearnet HD
Tennis Channel HD
Azteca America HD

Right now the systems with the most HD on TWC are:

East:
NC/SC

Northeast:
Maine
NY (statewide)
NH (TWC Systems)
MA (berkshries)

Texas:
Dallas (143 HD channels most HD channels west of the North Carolina/South Carolina systems on a TWC system)

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

The sports package tier went up $3.00 on my December bill. I just hope they add the PAC 12 HD channels which they promised. Otherwise, it is a quick way for TWC to pay for the NFL Network and Red Zone in one swipe.

TVOD

@rr.com

Wish List for North Texas:
BBC America HD
Fox Movie Channel/FXM HD
mtvU
Sundance HD
TV Guide Network HD
Weatherscan
WGN America HD
Epix HD
Epix 2 HD
@max HD
Fivestarmax HD
Outermax HD
Wmax HD
27.2 Bounce
33.3 This
39.2 Exitos
47.4 Me-TV 24 hours
68.3 ionLife

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to Rick4769

You do realize that 95% of the time all of the PAC 12 regional feeds just simulcast the national feed, right? All of the PAC 12 feeds have been available on Time Warners streaming service for months now, and I have yet to see any instance where they show difference content aside from an occasional football game.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to TVOD

said by TVOD :

Wish List for North Texas:
BBC America HD
Fox Movie Channel/FXM HD
mtvU
Sundance HD
TV Guide Network HD
Weatherscan
WGN America HD
Epix HD
Epix 2 HD
@max HD
Fivestarmax HD
Outermax HD
Wmax HD
27.2 Bounce
33.3 This
39.2 Exitos
47.4 Me-TV 24 hours
68.3 ionLife

I agree with you on:

Sundance HD
WGN America HD
BBC America HD
Fox Movie Channel HD

I also want to see:
MTV2 HD
TV Land HD
World Fishing Network HD
NHL Network SD/HD (when hockey returns)

The remain Cinemax HD channels are a pipe dream until at least when TWC standardizes the lineups nationally as we don't even have the SD versions of those Cinemax Channels.

TV Guide HD is out of the picture as TWC removed the TV Guide Network statewide except for in Greenville and Commerce several years ago.

mtvU is not carried on any TWC system.

Weatherscan was on some of the systems in North Texas before TWC took over and combined them into a super cluster it was on channel 99 analog and on cable boxes in select cities.

I don't see any new subchannels in our future until TWC moves some of the locals around on various QAM carries to allow for more as right now one frequency is running 3 HD channels (KDAF HD, KDFI HD, KPXD HD) and Antenna TV.

Also I think we may be getting BBC World News SD some time this month unannounced.

I think sundance HD could popup as well somewhere in the 815-849 range too as systems in California and Hawaii are supposed to add this month.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
reply to Steve Mehs

I am really concerned about the Pac 12 basketball schedule where many times each school plays on the same night. Many of the games broadcast are also teams out of the PAC 12 conference.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by Rick4769:

I am really concerned about the Pac 12 basketball schedule where many times each school plays on the same night. Many of the games broadcast are also teams out of the PAC 12 conference.

And as stated they are all available on line using your TWC login.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Thank you but there are not in HD on streaming.

motorola870

Arlington, TX

said by Rick4769:

Thank you but there are not in HD on streaming.

yes they are using the HD feed but the quality is poor. I have 30/5 extreme and the TWC TV website is still poor visual quality looks like 3Mbps washed out MPEG4 video.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

You are absolutely correct, I also have the 30/5 extreme and noticed the terrible HD picture if you call it that.

Boholano

@rr.com
reply to Rick4769

Wish list san antonio, texas: wealth tv and epix! Thanks

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

I have heard a lot of good things about Wealth TV from friends that subscribe to other carriers.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

BBC World SD & HD were suppose to be added (or about) on 12/20/12 and did not show up. This join the list of channels that were put out in Regulatory Notices that still haven't been added:

1. PAC-12 Los Angeles HD
2. PAC-12 Arizona HD
3. PAC-12 Washington HD
4. PAC-12 Oregon
5. PAC-12 Mountain HD
6. PAC-12 Bay Area HD
7. World Fishing Network-HD
8. NESN-National HD
9. Fox Sports South
10. Fox Sports Carolina
11. Fox Sports West
12. MAV-TV-HD
13. BBC Word SD & HD

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
kudos:1
reply to Rick4769

South Carolina:
The CW in HD
More demand channels in HD like TNT

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to Rick4769

BBC World will be added 12/27.

Hob

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Thanks for the update Hob.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

Anytime.

Hob

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Any word on the PAC 12 regional networks?