uniqs

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Rick4769

to Rick4769

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Cable Channel Wish List

said by Rick4769:

Thank you but there are not in HD on streaming.

yes they are using the HD feed but the quality is poor. I have 30/5 extreme and the TWC TV website is still poor visual quality looks like 3Mbps washed out MPEG4 video.

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

You are absolutely correct, I also have the 30/5 extreme and noticed the terrible HD picture if you call it that.

Boholano
@rr.com

Boholano to Rick4769

Anon

to Rick4769
Wish list san antonio, texas: wealth tv and epix! Thanks

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

I have heard a lot of good things about Wealth TV from friends that subscribe to other carriers.
Rick4769

Rick4769

BBC World SD & HD were suppose to be added (or about) on 12/20/12 and did not show up. This join the list of channels that were put out in Regulatory Notices that still haven't been added:

1. PAC-12 Los Angeles HD
2. PAC-12 Arizona HD
3. PAC-12 Washington HD
4. PAC-12 Oregon
5. PAC-12 Mountain HD
6. PAC-12 Bay Area HD
7. World Fishing Network-HD
8. NESN-National HD
9. Fox Sports South
10. Fox Sports Carolina
11. Fox Sports West
12. MAV-TV-HD
13. BBC Word SD & HD

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium Member
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC

mm to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
South Carolina:
The CW in HD
More demand channels in HD like TNT

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
BBC World will be added 12/27.

Hob

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

Thanks for the update Hob.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Anytime.

Hob

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

Any word on the PAC 12 regional networks?
Rick4769

Rick4769

I found this strange that these channels are being deleted which TWC Suburban never carried!

On or about January 1, 2013, Ovation and Ovation HD will no longer be available as part of our service offering.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Rick4769:

I found this strange that these channels are being deleted which TWC Suburban never carried!

On or about January 1, 2013, Ovation and Ovation HD will no longer be available as part of our service offering.

well my system has both Ovation and Ovation HD Luckily my systems is getting replacements MeTV HD (KTXD HD) and BBC World SD.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
BBC World News was added today in WNY and other NE areas.

Thanks

Hob
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

So when is the other stuff coming like the national feed of NESN and World Fishing Network?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

BBC World News was added today in WNY and other NE areas.

Thanks

Hob

It would be nice if TWC would have added the HD version of BBC World News to all areas with SDV instead of just SD for areas outside of the Northeast and the Carolinas. It makes no sense to just add the SD version considering the areas that are getting the SD version are all SDV enabled areas anyway. TWC has been improving the SDV bandwidth in systems throughout the country that need it in systems that can make room for more SDV QAM carriers I know that these systems have 22 or 24 SDV QAMs based on looking at silicondust and seeing the same unencrypted subchannel bounce between different QAMs:

22 QAMs for SDV:
Central Texas
Southern California

24 QAMs for SDV:
Dallas Texas (includes surronding cities in North Texas)
Hawaii

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

So when is the other stuff coming like the national feed of NESN and World Fishing Network?

If I knew I would tell you as I often do.

Hob
hobgoblin

hobgoblin to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
"It would be nice if TWC would have added the HD version of BBC World News to all areas with SDV instead of just SD for areas outside of the Northeast and the Carolinas. It makes no sense to just add the SD version considering the areas that are getting the SD version are all SDV enabled areas anyway. "

I would love one day to see a standard channel line up across the company. The East is working towards that.

Hob
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

Wisconsin is moving more channels to require a cable box for them. And I think the new Sports Channels for my area are going to be launched on January 16th, if I remember from the notice. Yea, it's about 10-15 channels added to Sports Pass.

Hobs, a question, I have read for a long time that Sports Channels are the most expensive for TWC to get. With TWC looking to consolidate packages and Mr. Britt saying that niche channels might be dropped that aren't of value, I am surprised that these Sports stations because of cost are getting added. Can you comment on this?

Satch

PS. Wisconsin got Aspire, and SD versions of BBC World News and some other sports station who's name escapes me. No HD for BBC World News yet for Wisconsin.
Satch

Satch

I heard Chiller launched their HD station. That would be an interesting station to get in HD on TWC.

Satch
Satch

Satch to Rick4769

to Rick4769
Yesterday, Ovation was still listed on the Guide in Wisconsin. (Channel 210.) But it's a part of Digital Choice here, which I don't get. Don't know if Ovation's drop was nationwide, or some areas still have it, or the guide data is wrong.

Satch

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Satch:

Yesterday, Ovation was still listed on the Guide in Wisconsin. (Channel 210.) But it's a part of Digital Choice here, which I don't get. Don't know if Ovation's drop was nationwide, or some areas still have it, or the guide data is wrong.

Satch

it along with current tv are still in the guide but are showing a blue static screen saying go to www.TWCConversations.com to find alternate sources of similar programs.
mattshiv
join:2013-01-03
Austin, TX

mattshiv

I'm in Austin, TX and have had TWC for only a brief time. (I previously had AT&T U-Verse, but it was not available at the new address when I moved last fall).

I am flabbergasted at the lack of HD channels on the lineup. For Austin, I'm not going to be happy until I get:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

and then more HBO HD feeds. I think I had 12 or 13 with U-Verse and get a whopping 5 in HD with TWC here.
Satch

Satch

said by mattshiv:

I'm in Austin, TX and have had TWC for only a brief time. (I previously had AT&T U-Verse, but it was not available at the new address when I moved last fall).

I am flabbergasted at the lack of HD channels on the lineup. For Austin, I'm not going to be happy until I get:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

and then more HBO HD feeds. I think I had 12 or 13 with U-Verse and get a whopping 5 in HD with TWC here.

What a difference! With TWC-Wisconsin we have at least 150 HD channels.

Satch

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

TWC WNY has over 150 HDTV stations also in their lineup. The only ones that are really missing are the ones I listed in the original post.
Rick4769

Rick4769

Here is another channel that was announced and did not make the lineup as scheduled.

On or about January 3, 2013 the following channel will be added to the Digital Basic Tier: Hallmark Movie Channel Ch 169 (O/ON/W/U Ch 150).

I think it would make good business sense not to announce new channels if they are not going to be added.

roc5955
Premium Member
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY

roc5955 to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
I WANT CURRENT TV BACK,
even if it has been purchased by Al Jazerra!
As a matter of fact, it would be nice to have AL Jazerra.
Also, Free Speech TV would be nice to have as well.

We need some balance from the Fox Propaganda Network, and all the channels that they pollute the cable with!

Rick4769
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

Current is gone and Al Gore and Joel Hyatt sacrificed their principles for $400 million dollar price tag. They cared less about their miniscule viewership and preferred the cash over their ideology.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to roc5955

Premium Member

to roc5955
There is a quote in this article that states

»mediadecoder.blogs.nytim ··· jazeera/

On Thursday afternoon, as complaints continued, Time Warner Cable issued a statement that opened the door to carrying the channel in the future. “We are keeping an open mind, and as the service develops, we will evaluate whether it makes sense, for our customers, to launch the network,” the statement read.

Hob

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to Satch

to Satch
said by Satch:

said by mattshiv:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

Satch

did you get those PAC12 regionals HD yet, along with Universal Sports HD, World Fishing Network HD, etc? I did not see 150 HD channels in Wisconsin last time I checked the website.
Satch

Satch

said by motorola870:

said by Satch:

said by mattshiv:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

Satch

did you get those PAC12 regionals HD yet, along with Universal Sports HD, World Fishing Network HD, etc? I did not see 150 HD channels in Wisconsin last time I checked the website.

They are supposed to launch on the 16th in Wisconsin. Sports Pass they announced here may be going up by $3.00 on average for those additions. Discounted and Packaged customers may not get the increase at this time. Sports Pass, at least without some discount, will go up here in Wisconsin from $5.95 to $8.95.

Satch