share rss forum feed

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Satch

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Cable Channel Wish List

said by Satch:

Yesterday, Ovation was still listed on the Guide in Wisconsin. (Channel 210.) But it's a part of Digital Choice here, which I don't get. Don't know if Ovation's drop was nationwide, or some areas still have it, or the guide data is wrong.

Satch

it along with current tv are still in the guide but are showing a blue static screen saying go to www.TWCConversations.com to find alternate sources of similar programs.

mattshiv

join:2013-01-03
Austin, TX

I'm in Austin, TX and have had TWC for only a brief time. (I previously had AT&T U-Verse, but it was not available at the new address when I moved last fall).

I am flabbergasted at the lack of HD channels on the lineup. For Austin, I'm not going to be happy until I get:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

and then more HBO HD feeds. I think I had 12 or 13 with U-Verse and get a whopping 5 in HD with TWC here.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by mattshiv:

I'm in Austin, TX and have had TWC for only a brief time. (I previously had AT&T U-Verse, but it was not available at the new address when I moved last fall).

I am flabbergasted at the lack of HD channels on the lineup. For Austin, I'm not going to be happy until I get:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

and then more HBO HD feeds. I think I had 12 or 13 with U-Verse and get a whopping 5 in HD with TWC here.

What a difference! With TWC-Wisconsin we have at least 150 HD channels.

Satch

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

TWC WNY has over 150 HDTV stations also in their lineup. The only ones that are really missing are the ones I listed in the original post.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rick4769

Here is another channel that was announced and did not make the lineup as scheduled.

On or about January 3, 2013 the following channel will be added to the Digital Basic Tier: Hallmark Movie Channel Ch 169 (O/ON/W/U Ch 150).

I think it would make good business sense not to announce new channels if they are not going to be added.

roc5955
Premium
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY
reply to Rick4769

I WANT CURRENT TV BACK,
even if it has been purchased by Al Jazerra!
As a matter of fact, it would be nice to have AL Jazerra.
Also, Free Speech TV would be nice to have as well.

We need some balance from the Fox Propaganda Network, and all the channels that they pollute the cable with!
--
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Current is gone and Al Gore and Joel Hyatt sacrificed their principles for $400 million dollar price tag. They cared less about their miniscule viewership and preferred the cash over their ideology.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:10
reply to roc5955

There is a quote in this article that states

»mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2···jazeera/

On Thursday afternoon, as complaints continued, Time Warner Cable issued a statement that opened the door to carrying the channel in the future. “We are keeping an open mind, and as the service develops, we will evaluate whether it makes sense, for our customers, to launch the network,” the statement read.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Satch

said by Satch:

said by mattshiv:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

Satch

did you get those PAC12 regionals HD yet, along with Universal Sports HD, World Fishing Network HD, etc? I did not see 150 HD channels in Wisconsin last time I checked the website.

Satch

said by motorola870:

said by Satch:

said by mattshiv:

BBC America HD
DIY HD
E! HD
IFC HD
OWN HD

Satch

did you get those PAC12 regionals HD yet, along with Universal Sports HD, World Fishing Network HD, etc? I did not see 150 HD channels in Wisconsin last time I checked the website.

They are supposed to launch on the 16th in Wisconsin. Sports Pass they announced here may be going up by $3.00 on average for those additions. Discounted and Packaged customers may not get the increase at this time. Sports Pass, at least without some discount, will go up here in Wisconsin from $5.95 to $8.95.

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to Rick4769

said by Rick4769:

Here is another channel that was announced and did not make the lineup as scheduled.

On or about January 3, 2013 the following channel will be added to the Digital Basic Tier: Hallmark Movie Channel Ch 169 (O/ON/W/U Ch 150).

I think it would make good business sense not to announce new channels if they are not going to be added.

This should be added tomorrow morning.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Thanks Hob. Any information on the PAC 12 regional channels, World Fishing Network, NESN-National when they will be added?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by Rick4769:

Thanks Hob. Any information on the PAC 12 regional channels, World Fishing Network, NESN-National when they will be added?

None

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to Satch

said by Satch:

They are supposed to launch on the 16th in Wisconsin. Sports Pass they announced here may be going up by $3.00 on average for those additions. Discounted and Packaged customers may not get the increase at this time. Sports Pass, at least without some discount, will go up here in Wisconsin from $5.95 to $8.95.

Satch

I read the legal notice and I think you may be combining the QAM changes that are supposed to take place on the 16th with those channel adds unless they were announced with the price increase card.

Satch

said by motorola870:

said by Satch:

Satch

I read the legal notice and I think you may be combining the QAM changes that are supposed to take place on the 16th with those channel adds unless they were announced with the price increase card.

Thanks Motorola,

This could be. The wording seems to imply that one follows the other. All the billing statement said, was a possible $3.00 increase for Sports Pass on the next billing cycle, which would coincide with those 10-15 Sports Pass Channels, not the QAM station removal.

Who has the new Sports Pass Stations? Such as Fishing Network, Pac 12 Stations, and FightNow Network? (TWC/BHN Systems.)

Satch

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

TWC WNY had a new channel notice back in October indicating the new channels were to be added late in the month. The Sports Pass Stations were never added: PAC 12 regionals, FightNow Network, World Fishing Network, NESN-National to name a few. Our $3.00 Sports Pass Increase of $3.00 was effective December, 2012.

We got the increase but the channels were never added.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

This is my new updated wish list:

1, Military History Channel
2. WGN-America SD & HD
3. CBC Toronto HD
4. C-Span 3--Historical review
5. Pentagon Channel
6. Family Network
7. Sony Movie Channel
8. EPIX--HD package
9. THIS Network----67.2 local
10. IndiPlex-HD
11. RetroPlex-HD
12. Qubo 51.2 local
13. ION-Life 51.3 local
14. WNYB 26.2 HD local
15. WNYB 26.3 local-public domain shows

In addition, I would like to see the following channels that were promised but never materialized added to the lineup

1. PAC-12 Los Angeles HD
2. PAC-12 Arizona HD
3. PAC-12 Washington HD
4. PAC-12 Oregon
5. PAC-12 Mountain HD
6. PAC-12 Bay Area HD
7. World Fishing Network-HD
8. NESN-National HD
9. Fox Sports South
10. Fox Sports Carolina
11. Fox Sports West
12. MAV-TV-HD

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

Good list. Personally I cant even get to watch most of the channels I have let alone all those!

I will be subscribing to center Ice at 49.99 though!

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless
reply to roc5955

said by roc5955:

SA 4250HDC
It's not the box that sucks, it's the program. Once they went to Maestro, or whatever they call this piece of crapware is, it started this. All my calls to support tell me that this "sometimes" happens. I guess that sometimes is a couple of times a week.
Also, before they went with Maestro, I was getting three or more weeks of program schedules. Now it's no more than a week.
And if it's near the time when they have to update the schedule, it's slower than molasses on a snail in February!

Forget using their boxes get yourself a TiVo Premiere and order a tuning adapter. If you have a good signal now you already past some of the issues I had. It took t months and 4 tuning adapters to get a stable signal. They kept trying to blame my TiVo it was all them though. after two months stable I added the second, that original tuning adapter was DOA, the tech that rolled had another on his truck that was DOA. I threatened to just pull everything and they rolled a special delivery while the tech was here.

Their hard headed and stubborn but I swear you'll love the TiVo box and not as expensive as their DVR plus it's yours.

Pick it up at BestBuy and add a 4 year ex-warranty the newest TiVo software HD menus now include browsing the other TiVo's now playing list and setting up recordings from another room.

Add when there is the outage, and cable does have them the TiVo will still tune and record local OTA ATSC.

I admit I was mad, angry and hostile at the Bull they put me through with the initial lousy service, blaming customer equipment when it was their poor delivery. Still once it finally gets fixed it's workable. There are still a few kinks that irk me that have to do with tuning adapters and switched channels.
--
---- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
---- Albert Einstein

-- DLink DIR-825 (B1) fw2.07NA / DAP-1522 (a1) fw 1.40 {2@5ghz bridge mode} / Clear Modem series G
(Counting down to DUMP CLEAR ~ June)

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless
reply to roc5955

said by roc5955:

I WANT CURRENT TV BACK,
even if it has been purchased by Al Jazerra!
As a matter of fact, it would be nice to have AL Jazerra.
Also, Free Speech TV would be nice to have as well.

We need some balance from the Fox Propaganda Network, and all the channels that they pollute the cable with!

Ditto, Al Jazerra English is far more honest and balanced than the Faux Lies and Stupid station.

I want my Steph Miller and Jennifer fix

And damn it BBC America HD
--
---- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
---- Albert Einstein

-- DLink DIR-825 (B1) fw2.07NA / DAP-1522 (a1) fw 1.40 {2@5ghz bridge mode} / Clear Modem series G
(Counting down to DUMP CLEAR ~ June)

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Like Hob stated, you can watch Al Jazerra online if you want to for free. That is where it should stay---online.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to hobgoblin

said by hobgoblin:

Good list. Personally I cant even get to watch most of the channels I have let alone all those!

I will be subscribing to center Ice at 49.99 though!

Hob

Yep, just called in to try to order it, but its currently not in the system. The CSR said call back on the 19th. I cant wait! Glad to see the NHL massively slashing the price of Center Ice. Last year the NBA did nothing with the price of League Pass after the lockout, except offer a two week free preview at the beginning of the season instead of just one week.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

Agreed its a good deal, gonna be in Hockey Heaven. Have tickets for the first 3 home games!

Hob

Steve Mehs
Premium

Have fun! I thought about Stub Hubbing it and going Sunday, but I’m not really motivated to do much of anything on Sundays these days. Unfortunately since the game is on NBC, I’ll have a tough time trying to watch it outside of opening faceoff and 1st period. I’ll opt for the NFC Championship Game when I can’t take whatever commentators NBC will have. I swear, sports on NBC should be illegal, outside of the Faith Hill SNF into, their coverage of sports, especially hockey, just blows. I yearn to get hockey back either Fox, glowing puck and all, or ESPN.

Johnson v Dodson on Saturday night followed by the Clippers destroying the Wizards, and on Sunday NFL Championship games and Sabres Hockey and the return of the NHL. Should be a good weekend all around.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

Game will be over about the same time as the NFC game begins.

Hob

Steve Mehs
Premium

Yep, you're right. I was thinking it was a standard 1 o'clock start. Looks like it starts at 3PM with an hour Championship special and an hour pregame show before it. Hopefully the Sabres game doesn’t go into an extended shootout.

JSull

join:2013-01-15
reply to Rick4769

Need NHL Network added in Dallas/Fort Worth by
Time Warner.....have requested for past 4 years to no
avail.

Would also like home/away feeds on every game, where
available.

Satch

Has anyone gotten the new Sports Pass Channels Yet?

(Metro Wisconsin Here)

The following channels will be added to TWC Sports Pass: TV Games on 335, HRTV on 336Universal Sports Net HD on 1314, One World Sports HD on 1338, World Fishing Network HD on 1348, Outside Television HD on 1349 and Pac12 regional HD networks on channels 1393, 1394,1395, 1396, 1397 and 1398, and Fight Now HD on 1399. In February, Juicy On Demand programs are moving into Adult On Demand, channel 700, channel 702 will not be available after 3/6.

The new services listed below will require two-way capable digital cable ready equipment, such as a Time Warner Cable-provided set-top box or a CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Product (UDCP) used in conjunction with a Tuning Adapter. Other UDCPs may not be able to access these services without additional equipment, such as a set-top box: TV Games, HRTV, Universal Sports Net HD, One World Sports HD, World Fishing Network HD, Outside Television HD, Pac12 regional HD networks, Fight Now HD.

Taken From:

»www.timewarnercable.com/en/about···kee.html

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

Dont start Rick off again.

Hob

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

"The following channels will be added to TWC Sports Pass: TV Games on 335, HRTV on 336Universal Sports Net HD on 1314, One World Sports HD on 1338, World Fishing Network HD on 1348, Outside Television HD on 1349 and Pac12 regional HD networks on channels 1393, 1394,1395, 1396, 1397 and 1398, and Fight Now HD on 1399. In February, Juicy On Demand programs are moving into Adult On Demand, channel 700, channel 702 will not be available after 3/6."

We did not get any of those channels which were suppose to launch this past October. In addition, we did not receive the NESN which was on our list. As a customer, I can't understand TWC reasoning when they announce new stations and they don't deliver them. It would be best if they would not make such announcements.