Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium Member
join:2002-12-05

Somnambul33t to anon0123

Premium Member

to anon0123

Re: alternatives are limited

I do use google voice, but until i can have an android smartphone that gets a full-day's charge with normal use while keeping the data connection on, it's simply a niche. I dont know anyone with a half-way decent android phone that can keep data on all day without a charger and have battery left to go out after work. I know some heavy iphone users in the same boat.

I use txting b/c i can turn my 3G/LTE data connection off to save battery but still use take and rec calls and txts over the much less hungry voice network.
Angrychair
join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL

Angrychair

said by Somnambul33t:

I do use google voice, but until i can have an android smartphone that gets a full-day's charge with normal use while keeping the data connection on, it's simply a niche. I dont know anyone with a half-way decent android phone that can keep data on all day without a charger and have battery left to go out after work. I know some heavy iphone users in the same boat.

I use txting b/c i can turn my 3G/LTE data connection off to save battery but still use take and rec calls and txts over the much less hungry voice network.

You're in luck.

»www.motorola.com/us/cons ··· ,pd.html
Qreptiles
join:2005-07-20
Grants Pass, OR

Qreptiles to Somnambul33t

to Somnambul33t
There is a phone that will do exactly that on Verizon. Razr maxx hd. I got one two weeks ago and with abnormal use I can keep a full days charge.

jgkolt
Premium Member
join:2004-02-21
Avon, OH

jgkolt to Somnambul33t

Premium Member

to Somnambul33t
try getting a samsung S3

simlesa
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Astoria, NY

simlesa to Angrychair

Premium Member

to Angrychair
I have the Razr Maxx (which has the same battery as the HD), and no, it can't keep the charge all day. If I keep anything running on the phone all day, I will need a charge in 5-6 hours. Even with this phone, I'm stuck either charging it midday, or carrying a portable battery with me, or just closing any app that maintains a data connection (Google Voice, Skype, or similar).
Angrychair
join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL

Angrychair

A data connection with the screen in sleep mode with the screen off, or a data connection with the screen on and you using it the entire time?

If you're claiming the former then it sounds like you either have a defective device or some other kind of problem. If you mean the latter then maybe you should give your phone a break every few hours.

simlesa
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Astoria, NY

simlesa

Premium Member

I mean I use it to check Facebook and such once every 20-30 minutes. Other times the screen is off, but the phone is not in sleep mode because that would make it not ring. And it's not the particulal phone, because I replaced the first one I had after the screen broke. Because the apps like Google voice depend on a non-stop connection so it can notify you when someone calls/texts/etc. it means they constantly keep the processor running and the data connection open. The phone also heats up a lot due to this.