Leicester, NY

1 edit

DrinkUpstate to Smith6612

to Smith6612

Re: [DSL] Upload Speeds Rochester NY

Click for full size
Smith6612,

Thanks for the response.

Your questions are exceeding my current knowledge. Can you explain what a modem's sync rate is and where I would find it? Same for "full DSL Stats or Transceiver Statistics"

Thanks again,

Drinkupstatemilk

PS: are you talking about the info in the attached jpg file?

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

That's what I'm looking for. The Sync rate is what that page shows (6944000 and 448000 respectively). Your upload for some reason is actually set to 384kbps upload. Most likely it's from Frontier's end but as your modem is not reporting most of the upstream statistics I need to look at, there's no good way to tell. I know my old SpeedStream 6520 failed to report upstream statistics for some reason.

Give Frontier a call and ask them to check your provisioning, or see if they can tell you what your upstream margin is. Your line, while almost two miles long is synchronized as it should so there shouldn't be too much of an issue with the proper speed setting.
DrinkUpstate
join:2011-01-22
Leicester, NY

DrinkUpstate

Interesting I will contact Frontier - what info told you how long my line is?

Hong
@rr.com

Hong

Anon

Your upload isnt set to 384! Its set to 448 as you can see from your status. You are getting the standard max speed that Frontier offers. 768 upload is a business class upload. You can get that but it's considered an upgrade so of course they will charge you more. Are you using a 567? It looks like you are using an older modem. I would call Frontier and ask for a new modem. They are currently giving out Westell 7550. What you see there is the actual speed that is being delivered to your modem.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Hong is correct on the 448 upload rate being your delivered rate. When I give an upload speed I typically account for overhead on that delivered speed or what is known as "real-world" rates. When I mention 768kbps upload, unless I mention something along the lines of "sync rate of 768kbps" I'm usually just talking about the real-world speed you get on the line. Just to lessen any confusion