uniqs
share rss forum feed
« The People
This is a sub-selection from Corruption

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to CXM_Splicer

Re: Corruption

Who's going to pay for his services? The government.

Where does government get it's money? From tax payers via taxes.

What do people use to pay taxes? Money.

Nothing is free.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
said by battleop:

Who's going to pay for his services? The government.

Where does government get it's money? From tax payers via taxes.

What do people use to pay taxes? Money.

Nothing is free.

Well, we only need to go up to the search bar to find:

»Re: Analog Voice Gateways

where you talk about Adtran having free support and free AOS updates. This brings us to a problem since you apparently don't hold to your own beliefs. Obviously Adtran factors the costs of support and updates into the purchase price of their products but you were willing to ignore that fact since you are not paying extra for support or updates.

By holding to such an extreme definition of 'free' you render the word meaningless. Are you trying to get this word (which you apparently have no problem using in certain contexts) deleted from the dictionary or are you just upset at the thought of healthcare costs being passed off proportionally to those who can afford it.

battleop

1 recommendation

That's a politician's reply for sure. Deflect and defuse. Come back with that analogy when Adtran is tax payer funded.

"are you just upset at the thought of healthcare costs being passed off proportionally to those who can afford it."

I am sick and tired of having to help pay the way others who continue to sit on their asses and do nothing. We are slowly evolving into a Nation where it's too easy to sit on your ass and let the government take care of you instead of get our and work hard to get ahead in life.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by battleop:

I am sick and tired of having to help pay the way others who continue to sit on their asses and do nothing. We are slowly evolving into a Nation where it's too easy to sit on your ass and let the government take care of you instead of get our and work hard to get ahead in life.

Ain't that the truth.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC
reply to battleop
It wasn't an analogy but a problem with your flip-flopping definition.

What you (and many others) see as people who sit on their asses and do nothing, I see a group of people being left behind by the system... they are not choosing this. Many people like to portray that these are all lazy, worthless humps that sit around milking the system (Romney calls them 'the 47%'). This is simply not true; the vast majority of them are (or were) hard working people who either retired or fell victim to increasing profits. When you have businesses cutting back, laying off, and no longer paying for healthcare insurance as part of compensation packages, what exactly do you think is going to happen?

Are we to assume that you pay entirely for your own medical costs?

battleop

"Are we to assume that you pay entirely for your own medical costs?"

Yes.

battleop

reply to CXM_Splicer
Maybe you can point out where I said the entire "47%"?

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC
reply to battleop
said by battleop:

Yes.

Wow, no insurance or anything? You are either a millionaire or you are toeing a very fine line there if you get sick/hurt!

said by battleop:

Maybe you can point out where I said the entire "47%"?

I said Romney calls them the 47%, you simply call them people who 'sit on their asses and do nothing'.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by CXM_Splicer:

said by battleop:

Yes.

Wow, no insurance or anything? You are either a millionaire or you are toeing a very fine line there if you get sick/hurt!

If you pay for your own individual health insurance w/o any subsidy from a workplace, then you are paying entirely for your own medical costs.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

battleop

A subsidy from your work place is still part of your compensation package. It's part of your salary that's not cash similar to how you may look at a company cell phone, laptop etc where you were allowed to use it for both personal and business use.
--

battleop

reply to CXM_Splicer
I didn't say that. I pay for my medical costs, i.e. my insurance. It's built into my comp plan from my employer so it does cost something, i.e. not free.

" said Romney calls them the 47%, you simply call them people who 'sit on their asses and do nothing'."

Among the 47% there is no corruption or abuse of the system?
--

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

If you pay for your own individual health insurance w/o any subsidy from a workplace, then you are paying entirely for your own medical costs.

No, you are paying into a system where your medical costs are paid by the funds of all the other contributors... then the system skims off whatever is left. I can see why he would be sick of paying into that!

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC
reply to battleop
quote:
Among the 47% there is no corruption or abuse of the system?

Yes, of course there is. There is also corruption in the Republican & Democratic parties and in the insurance industry. That doesn't mean they should be eliminated... when you have a system that you know is corrupt, you fix the corruption.

battleop

I never said they should be eliminated only that there is no such thing as "Free" health care.