Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57 to Critsmcgee

Premium Member

to Critsmcgee

Re: [NFL] Week 12 Games Discussion

said by Critsmcgee:

According to the experts the Eagles aren't that bad. They are ranked #28 which is a far cry from worst in the NFL.
»www.nfl.com/news/story/0 ··· nts-fall

When you have a really bad team, do you care if it has an 'official ranking' of worst, third from worst, or fourth from worst? No, you don't. You just know the team is really bad and isn't winning many games.

When they've been long-term bad, like the Bills or Jaguars, you just sort of accept it. But when they've had a relatively long history of success and playoff appearances-- like the Eagles-- then turn bad, it tends to hurt a lot more.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee

said by AB57:

said by Critsmcgee:

According to the experts the Eagles aren't that bad. They are ranked #28 which is a far cry from worst in the NFL.
»www.nfl.com/news/story/0 ··· nts-fall

When you have a really bad team, do you care if it has an 'official ranking' of worst, third from worst, or fourth from worst? No, you don't. You just know the team is really bad and isn't winning many games.

When they've been long-term bad, like the Bills or Jaguars, you just sort of accept it. But when they've had a relatively long history of success and playoff appearances-- like the Eagles-- then turn bad, it tends to hurt a lot more.

Worst means worst not kind of bad. The worst team gets the #1 draft pick the next year. Do people care about the #5 worst team? Nope they might care about the first 3 but 5th......LOL

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Worst means you know your in the running for a #1 pick a month or two in to it.

In D town I can remember years where we didn't want the lions to win anymore games because they threw the first 6 weeks so hard and we want that #1 pick.

Indy last year was the worst team. Everyone knew it.

This year we have a few not great teams but I don't think we have any Indys where we knew how bad it was 6 weeks in.

Bills, Jags, Philly, Carolina, jets and the chiefs are all pretty ugly. I think that should be the bottom 5. Websensed :/