All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Bad tie rod end?Rust :( »
This is a sub-selection from Tire Inflation ?

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
kudos:2
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect
reply to DannyZ

Re: Tire Inflation ?

One should note, THE PSI NUMBERS ON THE DOOR STICKER ARE INTENDED FOR THE TIRE SIZE PRINTED ON THE DOOR STICKER! DUH!

Sorry I didn't say that when I said to use the door sticker, I over estimated everyone's intelligence and just assumed everyone was intelligent enough to figure that out.

--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium
join:2003-01-29
Erie, PA

said by TheTechGuru:

One should note, THE PSI NUMBERS ON THE DOOR STICKER ARE INTENDED FOR THE TIRE SIZE PRINTED ON THE DOOR STICKER! DUH!

It's also optimized for the tire rating, which isn't usually represented on the placard as far as I've seen. That was mostly my point, I was agreeing that different quality tires may have different sweet spots.
--
Out the 10BaseT, through the modem, down the co-ax, over the fiber, across the backhaul, past the edge router, off the network...nothing but net

MooJohn

join:2005-12-18
Milledgeville, GA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to TheTechGuru

said by TheTechGuru:

Sorry I didn't say that when I said to use the door sticker, I over estimated everyone's intelligence and just assumed everyone was intelligent enough to figure that out.

Ah ha! So at that point one's personal judgement is perfectly capable of determining the proper inflation pressure whereas with stock tires the same reasoning cannot be trusted. I am able to determine the proper pressure of aftermarket tires but if the car came with the same size from the OEM then I would have zero input.

Makes perfect sense.

Who knew such infallible automotive wisdom was contained on the little silver sticker inside the door jamb?
--
John M - Cranky network guy

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to TheTechGuru

said by TheTechGuru:

You are confusing air volume with air pressure. There are other factors to consider when determinging pressure, but the basic size of the tire has little to do with it.
»blog.tirerack.com/blog/tire-talk···ire-size