All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
harrasment10
join:2012-11-28

harrasment10

[BC] No options

After Getting DSL from telus my services keep getting slower and slower. Seems like a personal attack on me. I had shaw, and kicked off the network. Seems like there is always petty bickering and some kind of childish attitude going on. Why is it that no matter what the service I have I seem to keep connecting to this same bad behavior.

This is what I am paying 52 Bucks a month for with no alternatives and when I choose shaw the attitude there is just pathetic and egos seem to be in play. You would think they would want to retain there customer base not have them leave.

All around its like pathetic vs pathetic and no one seems to be able to man up and provide a system thats " DIRECT " no port blocking and trying to FORCE people to use there email services gee guys I wonder why makes it so much easier to keep tabs on communications. Overall I find living in a area with no competition and two children to pick from a very unsettling choice.
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

First of all, ALL ISP forces to use their SMTP to prevent and control spam on their network. I know I hate email spam. You must be in a remote location and the outer limit of eligibility to get such a low speed. I would not be happy either.

If you send me your phone number by pm. I can see if we can tweak your line so we can improved the service. I will do the best I can. Its all I can promise.
harrasment10

harrasment10

Thanks Symtex so this as good as it gets?
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

I would like to comment on something here. The modem is synchronize at the highest possible rate right now 2.9mbps. It was at 2.0mbps before I touched it. There is a tons of factor that can influence speedtest or overall speed of your internet connection.

You are located in a remote area on a Stinger DMT2 port. The truth is that you are at the limit distance of the technology. Your attenuate level are really high on this line. I can't do miracle. It possible there is some packet loss or you have a bad port. This is all possibility. I suggest that you can go through the normal process of calling our technical support and have a tech come over take a look at it.

Now there is the other part we don't control like your environment. I have no idea what you are doing with your connection all day. How much traffic other than the speedtest is going on at the same time you ran this ?

There is situation where I just can't fix. I do my best to help everyone I can. Sometimes against my better judgement.
harrasment10

1 edit

harrasment10

?
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to Symtex

to Symtex
I am not a technical person in any way but would it be possible for this guy/gal to have a Telus Satellite dish for his internet.?
Would imagine due to costs he would also have to have Telus TV as well.

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999 to harrasment10

to harrasment10
What city do you live in?
Just wondering.
TrainAss
join:2011-01-26
Canada

TrainAss to harrasment10

to harrasment10
said by harrasment10:

Symtex its obvious im continually being bullied by the isp's not being provided anything that others seem to be able to enjoy. While Its not my job to police the internet behaviour its obvious that both telus and shaw single me out and bully me in there own way.

You have yourself so convinced that you are being singled out to receive poor service. Like Symtex said, there are many things that factor in to your connection speed. Have you ever heard of loop length. Basically it is the distance of copper wire from your house to the CO or relay station. The farther away you are, the poorer your signal will be and the slower your connection is.

What exactly has you so convinced that TELUS and Shaw are bullying you and singling you out? You mentioned that you were kicked off the Shaw network. Can you elaborate? Did Shaw tell you that because of how far you are, they are unable to provide proper service, or did they disconnect your service because of harassment and abuse of their help desk?

anonymous168
@vvv.com

anonymous168

Anon

It seems all my attempts at communication are rewarded with a placating tone of someone that actual wants me to suffer some kind of problem. This type of behavior in my experience can be described actually as a mental illness. The taking pleasure from someone elses pain and suffering. Its called Sadism. I feel for anyone that enjoys my pain and suffering. But Both isp's clearly demonstrate they want to control every aspect of there customers experience online. Its when they use this information to benefit themselves in such a way it really does start to irritate the reality of the fact the general public becomes aware of this. I watched julian essange on CNN today describe how all journalists basically engage in espionage. Its the facts that become difficult to digest I guess. I am not a journalist but the behavior is tollereated again because there are no other options to the service. I can't believe that irritating one person is actually how one thinks they could advance their career.

Overall I dont deserve to be treated like this. Whatever your going through I am not here to argue with you but bullying your customers and the placating tones eventually start making others so irritated they look to the only other option, satellite or 4g.
Ikarasu
join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Ikarasu to harrasment10

to harrasment10
Part of me thinks troll... while the other part thinks really old guy, who does not understand how technology works :\

If by bullying you mean Telus does not want to spend 10-20 thousand dollars So you get faster speed... then I guess they are bullying.

Telus/Shaw are in the business of making money... to provide you with service (It sounds like your on the edge of all service areas), It'd cost them more money than they'd ever make back from you.

They're not picking on you, theyre just not throwing away their money.
WackyGaru
join:2009-02-10
Grande Prairie, AB

WackyGaru

Would you rather no service or some service? Living on the edge of a service area leaves you with about that much of a choice end of story.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

1 edit

Kruisey

Come on everybody.
If you had to live in the boom sticks would not you be a bit envious of those like us that have great internet and TV?
Would be great if those that live in isolation could have a better internet service. Some folks live in these areas because that is where their employment is.
harrasment10

harrasment10 to Ikarasu

to Ikarasu
deleted

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to harrasment10

to harrasment10
Dude, you simply have a shitty internet connection, most likely because you live in the boonies. Get a grip - it's not a conspiracy.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

1 recommendation

pfak to Kruisey

Premium Member

to Kruisey
said by Kruisey:

Come on everybody.
If you had to live in the boom sticks would not you be a bit envious of those like us that have great internet and TV?

Your choice is simple: Great (or decent Internet) or a large land plot with no people. Compromise!
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

I was empathizing with the OP.

IowHatidehat
@telus.net

IowHatidehat

Anon

I am just a CUSTOMER while I have a basic understanding of the internet I am told that they are currently working on the lines. They said my area is just going to get faster and faster and faster by adding " EOM's " and " IOM's " . I am not pulling your leg here. They said the more of these put in series the faster the connection and better line quality. He use to put up fiber lines for shaw but now works at telus. He really likes me. They scheduled a tech to come out and inspect my line. They said since they are constantly working on my line, they can't promise anything and my bandwidth will fluctuate constantly.

From my understanding, dsl was guaranteed to me it sounds a little fishy. But I just want the full 15 megabytes I was promised not .2 megbytes. I dont know where all the bandwidth is going? Other customers with better bandwidth provionings? Thats allot of multiples of .2 to get to 15. I wish I knew what was really going on I want all of the 15 I was promised its not like I am asking for 250 megabytes , ( looks to the right ) nope... one day they will warm up to me and give me the full 250 till then I guess I am a mushroom.

Oh well I am really wanting to get that package seriuosly I dont have it but I have nothing but problems when I have shaw for some reason almost as if its a censorship issue.
Expand your moderator at work

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79 to Kruisey

Premium Member

to Kruisey

Re: [BC] No options

said by Kruisey:

I am not a technical person in any way but would it be possible for this guy/gal to have a Telus Satellite dish for his internet.?

No
Expand your moderator at work