uniqs

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

This would be a travesty if

any of these cheating a--holes ever make it into the HOF.....especially bonds,who should have his HR record erased.

»latino.foxnews.com/latin ··· lot-for/

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

Bonds was a HOF player before he took roids.

Lex Luthor
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY

Lex Luthor to ZZZZZZZ

Mod

to ZZZZZZZ
I think Piazza is the interesting one this year. He's also got the stats for definite 1st ballot HOF, but he does have some steroid rumors, but nothing more than that.

What do you do with him?

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
If they had the career to get in they should be in! Everyone was taking something, put up a exhibit explaining the era and let the public decide what to think.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

1 recommendation

f0rtys3ven

If no mac gwire than no bonds IMHO.

Either you do a clean sweep and let sosa mac gwire and bonds in or you shun them all. I don't think there should be bias.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
Not on the first ballot should they be elected. But eventually they should all get in. I really wonder how many current HOF were juiced and we never knew it?

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by capdjq:

Not on the first ballot should they be elected. But eventually they should all get in. I really wonder how many current HOF were juiced and we never knew it?

They weren't all on steroids, but many of them were taking drugs of some sort to improve performance. Speed was a common drug for athletes in the 70s, cocaine was common in the 80s. Hockey players used to take cold medicine to open up their sinuses so they could breathe better during a game.

I remember a bunch of baseball players getting busted for cocaine in the 80s. Several of them said it was more common than pine tar in the locker rooms and that it made a guy feel invincible on game day, which helped them play better.

How many athletes are simply on painkillers? A lot of the juicers started taking roids so that they could recover from injuries quicker.

I say let any of them take whatever substance they like. If they want to sell their bodies out and risk their futures for short term gain, why are we stopping them? If you could trade the last ten years of your life for twenty million right now, wouldn't you?

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
Did you really just compare McGwire to Bonds..

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

No, I said that I wouldn't understand a Bonds HOF entry without the likes of Sosa and McGwire. Why one HR king over the others?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

I don't think any of them deserve to be in the HOF even on their records.............but I most certainly don't like the fact that a scumbag like bonds holds the most hallowed of all records [HRS] and especially since he beat Hank Aaron ,who definitely didn't do any drugs to enhance his performances.

He was just a natural talent.