CGMason14
Nj Roaddog
join:2002-07-22
Mountainside, NJ

CGMason14 to alchav

to alchav

Re: Verizon is using Sandy as an excuse to force people to FiOS

said by alchav:

Companies like Verizon have to use their Resources wisely, and Fiber and FiOS is the Future.

Not if you live in an area that hasn't had FiOS built out. A friend of mine in Piscataway, NJ is still waiting for it even though the CO that serves his house is live and three blocks over has fiber.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

said by CGMason14:

said by alchav:

Companies like Verizon have to use their Resources wisely, and Fiber and FiOS is the Future.

Not if you live in an area that hasn't had FiOS built out. A friend of mine in Piscataway, NJ is still waiting for it even though the CO that serves his house is live and three blocks over has fiber.

My CO has Fios. The people across the street have Fios. But Verizon has decided I am unworthy, and will never, ever be able to get Fios. Verizon would prefer I give my money to Cablevision.

»[Rant] FiOS sign-up event - But not for you!
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

We should direct the AT&T U-Verse people to this thread for them to preach how much of a blessing it is to have fiber to the house over LTE and DSL.

alchav
join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT

alchav to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

said by CGMason14:

said by alchav:

My CO has Fios. The people across the street have Fios. But Verizon has decided I am unworthy, and will never, ever be able to get Fios. Verizon would prefer I give my money to Cablevision.

There must be a good reason you don't have FiOS, you have to ask a Verizon Field Tech or Supervisor. Then find out how many houses and people in your neighborhood don't have FiOS but want it. If you have a few homes that want FiOS, but don't have it you can go to Verizon in Force and I'm sure they will listen. You have to talk to the right people at Verizon and organize yourselves properly to do this. Verizon is a Company and they want your Business, but what happens is they lay Fiber and no one buys it, so deployment is stopped until they get information that someone wants FiOS.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

said by alchav:

Verizon is a Company and they want your Business,

Obviously not. We (as a neighborhood of 100 units) have contacted Verizon officials (I believe at the Vice President level) and they've said they will not install Fios at our location, even though the neighborhood across the street has it.

So, Cablevision continues to rake-in the big bucks.
Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state
·T-Mobile

Secyurityet to McBane

Premium Member

to McBane
said by McBane:

We should direct the AT&T U-Verse people to this thread for them to preach how much of a blessing it is to have fiber to the house over LTE and DSL.

Someone has. I used to have FiOS in the Tampa Bay area. Now I'm stuck on AT&T's converged service, over copper, in SW Ohio.

I wish Verizon could swoop in and force me to subscribe to FiOS again!