All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

teletone
join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On

teletone

Re: [Rant] Staples.ca - that wasn't easy for me!

another update:

i called again this afternoon, spoke to someone about the issue and not being called back. i asked why the product was still being sold online if their stock was expired and was told that there is more than one warehouse. i asked if they could ship me fresh product from one of the other warehouses and the CSR told me she would see what she could do and give me a call back in the evening. i never received that call back.

i'm giving them every reasonable opportunity to make this right and exchange the product or honor the purchase price i paid at a later date when they receive stock. i'll give them one more try at it.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to ruddypict

Premium Member

to ruddypict
said by ruddypict:

Post it on their Facebook wall, on Twitter or anywhere else where you can get some visibility to the company and to the public. It might get the company moving to rein in the PR damage. Worst case scenario you might raise the awareness of the general public so less people fall for this douchebag tactic.

You'd probably get much better results if you took it to the Office of the President (or whatever Staples call it) before starting a flamefest all over the intarwebs.

teletone
join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On

teletone

well, i got a call back just a few minutes ago and the CSR located two cases that are good for a year. so i will be getting an exchange.

it's not ideal but it's okay. the stock i bought a year ago was good for two years. in fact, the stock i got last year expires the same date that the stock i will be getting tomorrow expires. i asked if there was any product that lasted longer than a year and was told there wasn't.

i probably won't be able to consume all the product before the expiry date so i will probably give some away.

in the end, the purchase wasn't worth the time and aggravation. and since i might have to give some away because i won't be able to consume it before the expiry date, it's quite possible i didn't save money with the purchase. i don't think i'll ever be buying perishable goods from staples again.

sorry for the long thread but i felt it was important to share my experience.

ruddypict
join:2010-03-24

ruddypict to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by ruddypict:

Post it on their Facebook wall, on Twitter or anywhere else where you can get some visibility to the company and to the public. It might get the company moving to rein in the PR damage. Worst case scenario you might raise the awareness of the general public so less people fall for this douchebag tactic.

You'd probably get much better results if you took it to the Office of the President (or whatever Staples call it) before starting a flamefest all over the intarwebs.

That's a nice strawman but I don't recall saying "start a flamefest". If you post an angry troll rant, you won't get far; if you send an angry troll rant to the president of the company, you won't get far either.

Stick to facts, bring awareness, don't call names. Be professional. Good advice to get a good result whether you are posting to their social media OR dealing with their president.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to teletone

Premium Member

to teletone
said by teletone:

i probably won't be able to consume all the product before the expiry date so i will probably give some away.

Glad they found you unexpired stock. You are, however, being a little pedantic on the expiry date. This isn't a food item that could cause you to become ill if you eat after a safe period. As others have stated it's likely based on alcohol levels dropping below a certain number. It's not like it's going to work one day before the expiry and not work one day after it. If you feel you will use most of it and have only a little left I'd say keep it and use it.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to ruddypict

Premium Member

to ruddypict
said by ruddypict:

That's a nice strawman but I don't recall saying "start a flamefest". If you post an angry troll rant, you won't get far; if you send an angry troll rant to the president of the company, you won't get far either.
Stick to facts, bring awareness, don't call names. Be professional. Good advice to get a good result whether you are posting to their social media OR dealing with their president.

Something that is factual is not a straw argument. Crying about an issue to the media before climbing the ladder of escalation up to an including the office of the President and excluding the chance to give the company a chance to rectify it internally is a dickhead thing to do. The company will *never* work with you ever again. End of story.
Expand your moderator at work

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to teletone

Premium Member

to teletone

Re: [Rant] Staples.ca - that wasn't easy for me!

Meh you are not alone, last spring I was doing a bit of business with them (online & phone) however at present not so much. Their sales and coupons (which never offered much anyways) have declined, the price of their paper increases while the quality and frequency of sale prices has dwindled. There selection of certain products has also gone down for certain technical consumable supplies have gone elsewhere.

That said they are one of the few places local you can get Staedtler products.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

They've never been cheap, but they offer term accounts to businesses which I suspect is a decent chunk of their revenue, or was at one point anyway.
Expand your moderator at work