spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheGrimm

join:2005-04-21
Mississauga, ON

Anyone have info on BLINK / ROGERS outage due to DDOS today?

Anyone have any info regarding a DDOS attack affecting Blink and Rogers business clients? Service has been hit and miss all day and Blink support "can't" give any details other than there was a DDOS attack and that they (Rogers) had narrowed down the source ISP and was working with them to resolve the issue. As of 6pm EST it appears service is returning to normal.

Thanks for any info.

caspah

@teksavvy.com
Had the same issue here with Blink (Rogers) on Drew Rd north of the airport. Around 6pm the issue cleared up but they said they worked around the issue by putting a box infront of their main connection blocking access to the DoS ips

TheGrimm

Mississauga, ON
reply to TheGrimm
Well whatever they did last night was working up until 1:45pm EST today, here we go again.

Anyone out there have any "inside" info from Rogers or Blink they could share?

hairspring

join:2007-11-23
Oakville, ON
reply to TheGrimm
We got pinched yesterday as well. Another blip this afternoon.

Blink/Roger's support line seems overloaded.

I thought they had multiple upstream providers to handle this kind of situation?

TheGrimm

Mississauga, ON

2 edits
reply to TheGrimm
Yep, their 1st level support people are being hammered with angry calls. The guys I spoke to sounded like they were about to crack.

I also thought they had multiple up steam providers they could switch between, unfortunately no one was willing to confirm that with me when I called. Blink support is too busy with triage right now.

Last thing we've heard was that there is an "issue with the hand off to the higher level providers". By higher level I assume they mean Level3. Traffic routing from and to Blink is spotty at best right now. Lets hope Blink gets it figured out soon because this is costing many of us a lot of business.

TheGrimm

Mississauga, ON

1 edit
reply to TheGrimm
As of 2:40pm connectivity seems to have been restored (fingers crossed).

Oops... spoke too soon. Connection completely down as of 3:01pm and backup at 3:12pm. This is killing peoples businesses.

Come on, someone must have an "in" at Blink that could shine some light on whats really happening. Come on, you know you want to... btw, Blink support is going to a pre-recoded message now.

sigh

@shawcable.net
reply to TheGrimm
seems to be going on again.

hopefully it's still them or i've got a problem here......

red_fox

@in-addr.arpa
reply to TheGrimm
Heard nothing so far other than "the issue is back"...so far from my site it does not seem as severe as yesterday though. Sites are still intermittently loading.

caspah

@bodyblue.com
reply to TheGrimm
I agree, it's costing my business some serious productivity. I use fiber because of the level of service I expect to receive and how critical it is for us.

Blink/Rogers has been solid for me since I had it installed in 2008 but over the past 2 days it has been frustrating for me and my users.

I'm hoping to get some sort of proper explanation of what's occurring and if possible how it can be prevented in the future.

dbags

@rogers.com
Yes I have been up and down as well. Blink has been solid up until Rogers bought them out. I knew this would happen eventually. If your getting some kind of refund I would like to know

TheGrimm

Mississauga, ON
@caspah, I would love to hear the details as to what actually had happened but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. We are currently trying to pry info out of our reps and given what we do and how much we are paying for their service we need a technical breakdown of the problem. We have a lot of clients that are demanding answers, not that they will understand it but still...

@dbags, I have to agree with you. When we signed on with Blink the service was fantastic and responsive. Now, although this was our first major "blip" with Blink we could tell things started to slide shortly after Rogers bought them out. I remember the "good 'ol days" when we could call any number of guys in the Blink NOC Centre directly (as was the case with Terago for a while) but no more. Such is life. We have also started making our inquiries as to compensation, I'll let you all know what happens with that.

Lets all hope there isn't another "blip" today.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
reply to TheGrimm
Only roger's transit services were affected. Get a TLS circuit and get your own bandwidth, then you don't have to deal with other people impacting your service. Added benefit, it's cheaper as well.
--
Broadline Networks Inc.