Premium Member
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

1 recommendation

mythology

Premium Member

First attempt at dispersion

Click for full size
Did it on a white canvas but ended up dipping it in mud. Everything looks better in mud. I almost want to extend the dispersion up the jeep some and add more fragments behind. Cant tell whats going on really with the mud. Probably not the best picture to try this on right?

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

Almost looks too clean the other parts.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

Actually, they are. I think that when doing a dispersion, one really has to consider the whole and what the reality would be...at least in this image.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

Not necessarily, it could be that clean in reality if it just hit the water at the time the photographer snapped the picture. But there seems to be a little to much action going on behind the Jeep.

Here I just darkened the background a little above and behind the Jeep, added a little more splatter at the wheel in the direction that the wheel would throw mud and used a little motion blur on the Jeep separately from the wheel because the wheel should be blurred slightly more.

The area inside the red circle has to much noise. It doesn't look too bad IMO.

mythology
Premium Member
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

2 recommendations

mythology

Premium Member

I was actually going for the "just hit the mud" look. I`m going to bring the dispersion up towards the front of the jeep or do away with it all together. The dispersion with the mud just really doesnt stand out, would be better on a solid back ground.
mythology

mythology

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Current cover.
Here we go. Without the dispersion and more mud. Darker shadows and brighter colors. I followed a HDR mimic effect tut. Not sure I like it. Looks really edited; Like a ugly woman with tons of make up. What do you think? Point of impact shot?

Included our current FB cover that i did last month. The only thing not shopped is the jeeps position. The original was propped up like this on a ramp.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

The muddy one now looks clearly muddy but also clearly edited. The extra mud looks wayyyy edited, sorry to say. The Mag cover is terrific. I have been in Jeeps at the edge of a big rock just like that and breathed a sigh of relief that the tire didn't rupture going over it. I won't comment on what happened to the underside!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
Yes, just as you mentioned, too much. If that was a woman she would be hard to look at. The dispersion density should decrease as it travels through the air.

Have you given any thought to making a bit of a water wake and less dispersion at the water level, similar to how a boat pushes water ahead of itself at low speeds?

Here's some water displacement brushes to help you unless you want to create the effects yourself? I'm using CS5 also and I installed these brushes.

»miloartdesign.deviantart ··· 73732663

»anarasha-stock.deviantar ··· 44162536

For those that are unfamiliar with installing brushes in PS. Unzip ABR brushes to or from desktop 'move to' C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop/Presets/Brushes folder.
dolphins

1 recommendation

dolphins to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
Here's a few pics of my son with his toy somewhere in the swamps of Jersey pine barrens.

Down & dirty

In the wash

Tree climbing

chillin

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

1 recommendation

Kathy_9

Premium Member

Holy cow!! All I could think about when looking at the first picture was getting stuck and having to climb out into that mud bath!!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

1 recommendation

dolphins

Premium Member

said by Kathy_9:

Holy cow!! All I could think about when looking at the first picture was getting stuck and having to climb out into that mud bath!!

I believe that's how mud wrestling started? Two girls out muddin', one says to the other, "you better not get us stuck, bitch" just as they bottom out.

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

Kathy_9

Premium Member