spc
uniqs

stevenm
@optonline.net

stevenm to Bob4

Anon

to Bob4

Re: [Optimum Voice] Optimum Voice Caller ID and Verizon Wireless

log into your verizon wireless account online, go to "I WANT TO", click "MORE ACTIONS...", and click "SHARE NAME ID".

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

said by stevenm :

log into your verizon wireless account online, go to "I WANT TO", click "MORE ACTIONS...", and click "SHARE NAME ID".

Does not work for OV... I have an ongoing thread in the direct forum on this exact issue. My Callcentric SIP picks it up, but for whatever reason OV will not and always displays VERIZON WIRELESS.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to stevenm

to stevenm
Just completed the process. After you click on More Actions look for Share Name ID under Device. You can select the account owner's name or enter a completely different name. It takes 24 hours to start.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

So I can use this to spoof the name on the Caller ID? I can say my name is Charles Dolan?
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204

It did appear as if you can select any name. Not sure if anyone will check during the 24 hour waiting period. I was tempted to put something like "Answer Now". The possibilities are endless for comedians!

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to rick0204

Premium Member

to rick0204
said by rick0204:

It takes 24 hours to start.

And you will see, on OV phones - it will never start. Yes, you can set your share name on Verizon's site -- but it will not update with OV's database provider. It will continue to say "Verizon Wireless"

On 10/21:
said by OptimumHelp:

RickNY,

Thank you for your continued patience with this. We are looking into what else can be done to get this resolved. We will update this post again once new information is available.

//OOLTECH

On 11/9:
said by OptimumHelp:

We apologize this is taking so long. We should have an update/resolution within the next few days.

That was the last update. I've asked again, but have yet to receive another response back. They have also called me a few times to have me test it out by calling them from my cell. They said their DB provider is assuring them the change was made -- but its definitely not making it out.

Rick

stevenm
@optonline.net

stevenm

Anon

Rick, keep me posted if they answer you with a solution.
rocafellanrd
join:2009-05-04

rocafellanrd to rick0204

to rick0204
said by rick0204:

Just completed the process. After you click on More Actions look for Share Name ID under Device. You can select the account owner's name or enter a completely different name. It takes 24 hours to start.

I can confirm it will display VZ Wireless or XYZ Wireless. It doesn't seem to be shared.
said by Bob4:

So I can use this to spoof the name on the Caller ID? I can say my name is Charles Dolan?

That most likely is the reason why. Why even bother dealing with more than your fair share of spoofing problems. Cut your losses and move forward.