share rss forum feed

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to blackthought

Re: Upgraded Weapons?

I probably wouldn't upgrade a weapon unless it had a Sha-touched gem slot if I were you.

I know I'm not.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
I would, especially if it's a heroic weapon. Best way to increase your dps (that and upgrading your trinket--the proc gets upgraded too).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by Krisnatharok:

I would, especially if it's a heroic weapon. Best way to increase your dps (that and upgrading your trinket--the proc gets upgraded too).

Can you confirm?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I probably wouldn't upgrade a weapon unless it had a Sha-touched gem slot if I were you.

I know I'm not.

Lots of people are honor capped / justice capped, this allows those currencies to still have value. I would improve anything you don't expect to replace immediately rather then just sitting at 4000 JP/Honor.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Snuffbox:

said by McBrain:

I know I'm not.

Lots of people are honor capped / justice capped, this allows those currencies to still have value. I would improve anything you don't expect to replace immediately rather then just sitting at 4000 JP/Honor.

Well if you're JP capped and in full epics the you still don't have a use for JP/honor.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
said by DarkLogix:

Well if you're JP capped and in full epics the you still don't have a use for JP/honor.

And you'll start being Conquest/Valor capped, so now they continue to be valuable.

Full honor gear, use honor to upgrade.

Full conquest gear, use conquest to upgrade.

Why are people arguing this....

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Snuffbox:

said by DarkLogix:

And you'll start being Conquest/Valor capped, so now they continue to be valuable.

Full honor gear, use honor to upgrade.

Full conquest gear, use conquest to upgrade.

Why are people arguing this....

Its good for Valor, and conquest but ya honor/jp will still be junk

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
No more so then a gem in honor gear. Unless you're saying not to gem you gear until you're end game...

An upgrade is an upgrade, this is silly.

If you're full honor gear, and you're waiting on conquest for future gear replacements, now you can upgrade your honor gear with your previously worthless honor.

The same applies to Conquest/Valor.

Upgrade your gear...

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
I think JP accumulation is so slow that upgrading dungeon gear with JP via this new system won't happen fast enough to have a huge impact (unless you're truly spamming the heck out of heroics ad nauseum). But if you have the points, +8 is +8.

However, I think Snuff's very much correct on the PvP front. Since honor can be gained so quickly, it's quite feasible to fully upgrade all of your dreadful gear to be +8 while waiting on the next week's conquest cap reset. I know I plan to take advantage of this and grind the BG's this weekend (please be a tolerable call to arms zone for the weekend...)
--
Eumaeus, Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [1/6] HoF

Axa

@mda.mil
reply to Snuffbox
Ellipse King, read what the OP said again.

"If you're in full epics."

You can't upgrade Valor/Raid/Conq gear with JP/Honor. Hence, if you're in full epics, as he stated, JP/Honor is useless for upgrading.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

No more so then a gem in honor gear. Unless you're saying not to gem you gear until you're end game...

An upgrade is an upgrade, this is silly.

If you're full honor gear, and you're waiting on conquest for future gear replacements, now you can upgrade your honor gear with your previously worthless honor.

The same applies to Conquest/Valor.

Upgrade your gear...

^ This.

Converted my excess HP to JP and bought PVE gear (that I won't use), then capped out again at 4K HP. This new option allows me to upgrade current Dreadful gear using HP since the weekly Conquest cap keeps me from purchasing more Malevolent pieces.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I know I'm not.

you dont play a melee class... i would definately do it on any of my melee dmg dealers so much of the dps depends on the weapon and most abilities are ((weapon dmg * 180%) + weapon dmg) * AP = FACE
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
BTW there's an item that MMO-champ found while it was on the PTR that adds a prismatic slot to a sha-touched weapon.

so currently if you were to complete all of the quests the black prince has you'd get

1st a 500 stat gem (int/agl/or strength)
2nd an upgraded ver of that gem 550 of the stat.
3rd or somewhere in there (not 100% sure where you get it) but an item that would allow you to put a 2nd gem in the weapon, but the 2nd would be a normal gem.

so IIRC stat wise a sha-touched weapon could have 550+160 primary stat.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
BTW I think melee dual-weilders would want 1 sha-touched and 1 elite weapon.

anyone know the kill order to get the elite weapons?

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Dark i got the LFR Sha touched staff from the wind boss. i need 3 sigils to complete the quest, so i will be farming LFRs all weekend.

BTW can someone post the staff i am websensed and wanna check it out.
I think it was called Jin'Ya, Orb of the Watermaster or something similar

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
From what I've seen you can only get sigils the fisrt kill of the boss for the week.

if I'm wrong please show me.

BTW after the sigils theres a quest to kill the sha of fear in ToES and loot something off him.

then you can get the 500 gem.

next there's more quest, to get the 550 gem.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Two weeks ago Lich killed 1 LFR boss on tuesday. On thursday he ran it again with his brother. He received Sigils, and was able to use a coin if he choose to. Even though he already defeated the boss. All that is eliminated is the ability to receive bossloot. Coins and Sigils and Half of the valor can still be received.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
cool
then after getting the VP and bossloot out of MV LFR I should spam HoF and ToES

ToES can drop both sigils, and I want the sha-touched caster dagger off shadow dragon.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
i like the staff, math wise hear me out.

Staff = two handed weapon with stats comparable to main/off upgrade twice= 1500 VP

MH/OH = 2 1 handed items comparable in numbers to Staff= 3000 VP to upgrade each item twice.

Am i wrong in the way i am seiing it??
--
Cigtyme - Alliance - Galakrond - Draneri Arcane Mage
GM and RL of Exalted with Chuck Norris (Before damn Commercial)
"What the hell man, wipe it, we fricken can't heal this damn thing to death"

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
said by cigtyme:

Am i wrong in the way i am seiing it??

No; but in the way you are spelling it, yes.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to cigtyme
I still like MH/OH better.

I get to enchant the OH with 160 intel and get jade spirit.
speaking of which do you need jade spirit for that?

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Have it,
yours 483 Sha touched plus 483 OH
- 464+604+165=1233 int/6206 SP

My 483 staff
- 1084 int/6208 SP

so MH/OH gets 149 more int 2 less SP

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by cigtyme:

Have it,
yours 483 Sha touched plus 483 OH
- 464+604+165=1233 int/6206 SP

My 483 staff
- 1084 int/6208 SP

so MH/OH gets 149 more int 2 less SP

And last I checked Intel to spellpower was 1 to 1, so its 147more spell power.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
So what meanie keep ur MH/OH, ill rock my shiny new sha weapons.
NA na NA boo BOO
JK Dark, in a playful lmood today