spc
Search similar:

uniqs
muze
join:2012-11-28
Jenner, CA

muze

[HN7000S] Narrowly avoided Gen 4

Just a note to say fortunately it wasn't too late to cancel a new Gen 4 order. As soon as i found Viasat was available in my area (where Wildblue previously hadn't been) i canceled hughesnet. The wait wasn't unbearable (about 15 min) and they were able to cancel the Gen 4 work order all the way from India haha. I'm 6 years into my current agreement so i anticipate being able to cancel the whole thing easily.

With all Macs i wasn't looking forward to it. I am thankful there was talk on here about the new Excede sat, as i never would've thought to check availability again.

If it helps for all the 7000Suckers like me i've had a problem through this entire month with a complete web response failure, 100-200 sec, not hardware related, all green checks. This has been going on everyday for hours at a time regardless of the environmental condition or signal strength which is always OK for me.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Good for you and good luck.
Don't forget to stop by and let us know how it works out.
I think Hughesnet has played it's customers along about as far as it will go.

East Texas
@direcway.com

East Texas

Anon

Yep this customer has about had it. Exede is available where I live and can be installed in 2 days. So HN you hear that!!!! Keep my speeds up. Download is fine right now, but upload is under 100
pvtpilot94
System
Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

pvtpilot94 to muze

Premium Member

to muze
I sure wish I had moved to Exede instead of "upgrading" to GEN 4.
Its been a disaster.

JC130B
@direcway.com

JC130B to muze

Anon

to muze
My 7000s speed has been slower then dial up, so yesterday I ordered Millenicom!!!! After 7+ years of dealing with hughesnet, I will finally get rid of them.
muze
Jenner, CA

muze

Well 2 years does suck for those who got suckered like i almost did, but it's not forever and it is cheaper.

For what it's worth the install went well with Excede today in a brief break from as heavy a trio of storms as N. Ca sees. The installer was on his game and diagnosed a bad "Tria" which is the universal receiver/sender on the newer gen sats. Once he put a new one on everything was great hardware wise.

I am going to have to jump over to that excede part of the forum though because the all American CS tech support shouldn't be too proud of itself. Chrome on a Mac (undoubtedly the start of it) won't log into my wildblue account, hangs between google docs, youtube, and my account trying to redirect. Looks like a server jam but in a total of 2 calls and about an hour on the phone with tech support they have managed to diagnose nothing and drop both calls. All i really want is a similar diagnostic to what Hughesnet has with the SCC. I'm sure it's there but it won't just load my IP address.
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan

said by muze:

Well 2 years does suck for those who got suckered like i almost did, but it's not forever and it is cheaper.

For what it's worth the install went well with Excede today in a brief break from as heavy a trio of storms as N. Ca sees. The installer was on his game and diagnosed a bad "Tria" which is the universal receiver/sender on the newer gen sats. Once he put a new one on everything was great hardware wise.

I am going to have to jump over to that excede part of the forum though because the all American CS tech support shouldn't be too proud of itself. Chrome on a Mac (undoubtedly the start of it) won't log into my wildblue account, hangs between google docs, youtube, and my account trying to redirect. Looks like a server jam but in a total of 2 calls and about an hour on the phone with tech support they have managed to diagnose nothing and drop both calls. All i really want is a similar diagnostic to what Hughesnet has with the SCC. I'm sure it's there but it won't just load my IP address.

You'll have to delete all your google cookies to log into your WildBlue account.

For some system status info use 192.168.100.1
muze
Jenner, CA

muze

Yep, thanks, here and there on the Wildblue forum.
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan

said by muze:

muze
Jenner, CA

muze

Today marks the end of Hughesnet for me- thankfully. Although technically i have to wait for my billing cycle to end but that's alright because i made them give me back 36.82 for the terrible performance in Nov. And for any of you going on with them ALWAYS PRESS them for the $.

In the past they've given me months of credit, and when you have an issue that lingers just make sure they're aware of the # of days because you can literally demand a daily amount back and that's not chump change over even a week. And for this month the first tier CS gave me $15, once it went to tier 4, even though i quit before they could troubleshoot it, i asked for $50 credit and got the 36.82.

In terms of the quitting it wasn't too bad, just a long wait to get to Account Services overseas- haha. I found out they would've have given me a 1 year agreement (instead of 2) continuation to gen 4 which might come in handy for some. The fools didn't mention that to begin with or i might be regretting my decision to upgrade still today!
marsh_0x
join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

marsh_0x to JSheridan

to JSheridan
said by JSheridan:

said by muze: