The line quality page states that pings come from the following addresses:
lq1.dslreports.com (Kansas, USA) lq2.dslreports.com (California, USA)
This is partialy incorrect and hasn't been correct for a while. I have specific firewall settings for the tests and when the tests come from ip addresses other than those mapped to the above two hosts, they get blocked. I have to constantly update my rules to compensate.
Currently lq2.dslreports.com maps to 188.8.131.52, but the tests come from 184.108.40.206. lq1.dslreports.com is correct.
Yes I can and originally I was using lq1.dslreports.com and lq2.dslreports.com. That's how I noticed a problem since one of the tests would always fail since the test isn't actually coming from lq2.dslreports.com (despite what the test page says).
i then used the firewall logs to figure out where the tests were actually coming from and changed lq2.dslreports.com to dslreports-west1.speakeasy.net since that's what 220.127.116.11 maps to. That recently broke because the reverse look-up was removed so dslreports-west1.speakeasy.net no longer resolves to anything.