kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

4 edits

Line quality IPs do not match specified IPs

The line quality page states that pings come from the following addresses:

lq1.dslreports.com (Kansas, USA)
lq2.dslreports.com (California, USA)

This is partialy incorrect and hasn't been correct for a while. I have specific firewall settings for the tests and when the tests come from ip addresses other than those mapped to the above two hosts, they get blocked. I have to constantly update my rules to compensate.

Currently lq2.dslreports.com maps to 64.81.79.40, but the tests come from 64.81.79.41. lq1.dslreports.com is correct.

It would be nice if the above host names were both properly mapped for the tests.
--
The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Can you use the Domain Name in lieu of the IP?

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

Yes I can and originally I was using lq1.dslreports.com and lq2.dslreports.com. That's how I noticed a problem since one of the tests would always fail since the test isn't actually coming from lq2.dslreports.com (despite what the test page says).

i then used the firewall logs to figure out where the tests were actually coming from and changed lq2.dslreports.com to dslreports-west1.speakeasy.net since that's what 64.81.79.40 maps to. That recently broke because the reverse look-up was removed so dslreports-west1.speakeasy.net no longer resolves to anything.

I'm not sure why lq2.dslreports.com can't just be pointed to 64.81.79.40 if that's where the test actually comes from.
--
The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.