uniqs
VirtualLarry
Premium Member
join:2003-08-01

2 edits

VirtualLarry

Premium Member

Re: [Billing] Leaving FIOS soon

The only way that FIOS would be worth it to me, is if it were $60 or less per month. I've already ordered the DSL, so for a few months I'll have both. Once I've convinced myself that the DSL is fine, I'll cancel the FIOS outright.

Edit: I should add - I tried to downsize my services to their "DSL equivalent" service on FIOS, for whatever cheap price they were charging for 3/1 FIOS. They wouldn't let me, said it was for current DSL customers only, and that I would have to be billed on a credit card, they couldn't mail a bill.

So if Verizon wants to be inflexible, they're going to lose a FIOS customer. They harder they squeeze, the more customers fall out of their hands.
xech
join:2012-11-22

xech

They are too damm expensive, I wish that google would have joined with verizon to bring 1gbps at $70/month, instead they are wasting time trying to build their own rather than using verizon's existing network and expanding it to all us, what a dumb idea.

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou to VirtualLarry

to VirtualLarry
said by VirtualLarry:

The only way that FIOS would be worth it to me, is if it were $60 or less per month. I've already ordered the DSL, so for a few months I'll have both. Once I've convinced myself that the DSL is fine, I'll cancel the FIOS outright.

Edit: I should add - I tried to downsize my services to their "DSL equivalent" service on FIOS, for whatever cheap price they were charging for 3/1 FIOS. They wouldn't let me, said it was for current DSL customers only, and that I would have to be billed on a credit card, they couldn't mail a bill.

So if Verizon wants to be inflexible, they're going to lose a FIOS customer. They harder they squeeze, the more customers fall out of their hands.

What do you plan on doing for TV? When I had TWC and DSL, TWC charged me more for cable alone than I paid for FiOS Triple Play.
FWIW, when my 2 years was up with Verizon, I re-upped and got a $300 gift card, more channels, and more discounts than I had originally.
chomper87
join:2012-02-22
Clearwater, FL

chomper87 to xech

to xech
said by xech:

They are too damm expensive, I wish that google would have joined with verizon to bring 1gbps at $70/month, instead they are wasting time trying to build their own rather than using verizon's existing network and expanding it to all us, what a dumb idea.

It would be nice. But rarely do isps share infrastructure unless legally required. Price - Verizon ends up the best compared to the cable company in my areas. And i get a superior product. Bright House is $100 for digital tv + 20 / 2 craptastic internet. Next county down has Comcast $110 for digital tv + 20 / 2 craptastic power boost internet.

Meanwhile i just ordered FiOS Prime TV + 75 / 35 Internet + CableCard for $99. Verizon has no reason to lower their prices. The STB fees might b a pro for the cable providers but i want my own device anyway.