All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
malianx
join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX

malianx

Re: [Troubles] Another Frustrated Customer

They sent a technician out today, he ran a test on the line, told me it was perfect and then told me flat out that the problem is their network, and overselling. Not enough getting to the area for everyone and he had more new installs to do today.

At this point a lof of us (myself included) are paying for a service they are not actually providing (typing this from a tethered 2g cellular connection that is better than the dsl).

With how widespread these problems are, we may be nearing class action territory.

Piggie
Just A Pig With A Computer
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL

Piggie

Premium Member

Judging from the posts across their territory, it's a company policy to oversell bandwidth. What other conclusion I can I draw. I haven't been on this BBS in years, and I see little has changed, no it's gotten worse.

Liv
@windstream.net

Liv to malianx

Anon

to malianx
Malianx, you hit the nail on the head. Our state rep is pushing to have them investigated, but yeah this is policy to them class action lawsuit is fast approaching. This is not a few areas this a widespread across their network, its how they do business. Well they are about to get the business from the state. They are not even trying to fix the problem because they created it. You have to provide at least some of the speed people pay for, they have failed to do even that. Just sell more service to make profit on lines that are over capacity, without any intention of expanding that capacity. I hope the feds take them down.

marbles90
I love torque
join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH

marbles90 to malianx

to malianx
/UnleashTheRant
said by malianx:

With how widespread these problems are, we may be nearing class action territory.

Someone who is willing to throw the first stone, please, please do it. The first one that gets launched is going followed by lots of other upset customers including myself. I've been dealing with slow speeds, high latency, frequent disconnects, phone service that doesn't work, and a bunch of knuckleheads who blabber all day about "upgrading this and that" with dates that come and go. Its going to be three years of this for me in January. I've got numerous speedtest, pingtest, forum posts, instant messages, tweets, bbb complaints and emails to prove it. Ever since WS started increasing the upload speeds, I've been getting piss poor service. I know DSL isn't the best means of service, but come on, this is 2012 (lets say 2013 now). DSL wasn't born today.

I'm on my third modem now because these newer modems are SO MUCH BETTER than the old ones. Guess what no difference. We've only upgraded the DSLAM a handful of times, upgrading the hardware and connections (we added another T1, followed by fiber). They claim to be doing all this "maintenance", but half the time it never successful and never completes on time. WS just keeps doing what they do best. Take people's money, take free government money, buys every telco they can, flat lies to their customers and leave the network with much needed overhauls. I really, truly, believe, that this company is not "acting in good faith." Classaction probably won't do crap, but what else can we do? Can't just roll the family farm into a UHAUL and settle down where highspeed cable internet roams freely... though it would be nice. Guess I'm going to have to leave the family farm behind so I can have high speed internet that works. I need to have reliable highspeed internet for the work that I do, but WS doesn't care cause I'm just another mindless zombie who repeatedly forks over 40 bucks a month for 3Mbps and gets much less than that.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 2498.png

/EndRant
malianx
join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX

malianx to Liv

to Liv
They replied to me in the 'direct' forum, telling me that the technician that come to my house was obviously lying to me, and that there are upstream errors on my line that he did not see or did not tell me about.

So the local techs will give you straight up information, and now there's written record of the company lying to its customers, while not providing a service paid for.

Liv
@windstream.net

Liv

Anon

Of course they lied, the problem is the local techs on the ground cant do anything because windstream wont give them the parts and the go ahead to fix and upgrade. How crappy is that? This company ..well the guys in charge need to be sued and fined to the ground. The techs are frustrated cause they have to live here too, they see the crap the company is pulling but they cant do anything about it. This is becoming a serious issue across their network, the government is going to have to step in and get involved.