spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Graystoke
join:2006-03-24
Stockton, CA

Graystoke

A U-verse Update Last Night?

I live in Northern Calif. Last night, 11/27/2012, at about 11:30 PM, a message came on my TV from ATT stating that there was an update available. It said that if I was watching live TV, or a recording, they would be turned off while updating. I was watching a movie that was close to being over, and didn't want to miss the ending. I chose the option of "wait 3 hours". Strange only two options, do it now, or wait 3 hours. After the movie was over, I turned off the TV and headed for bed. Today I thought there might be a message or something about the update when I turned on the TV. There was nothing.

Anyone know about any updates that were pushed out yesterday? I can't find any info.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

Local, or specific to Uverse TV? Nothing here in Chicago, using (only) Uverse Internet (IPDSLAM)...

techguyga
Premium Member
join:2003-12-31

techguyga

Premium Member

My TV boxes both rebooted a couple of times each just before midnight on Tuesday night also. I didn't see the the on-screen message, though. Figured it must be a firmware update they were pushing.

shortyd999
join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999 to Graystoke

to Graystoke
I just got a message about an update as well (1am 12/05/2012). Although it was on the second STB, not the main one. I dont notice anything different, must be background stuff they updated

David0417
Premium Member
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC

David0417 to Graystoke

Premium Member

to Graystoke
Can you post new version numbers, model numbers, and UI Version?

shortyd999
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999

said by David0417:

Can you post new version numbers, model numbers, and UI Version?

Here are mine from the system info screen

gerick
join:2001-01-17
San Antonio, TX

gerick to Graystoke

to Graystoke
I know one thing that was done. Now the $%#@'n blue light stays on all night even if the box is turned off!!!

David0417
Premium Member
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC

David0417

Premium Member

If that little tiny blue light keep you up, you may have other problems!

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan

Anon

said by David0417:

If that little tiny blue light keep you up, you may have other problems!

ROFL

gerick
San Antonio, TX

gerick to David0417

to David0417
It may be tiny, but it is BRIGHT. I can make shadow puppets on the wall across the room from it.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

said by gerick:

It may be tiny, but it is BRIGHT. I can make shadow puppets on the wall across the room from it.

fitsun3
Premium Member
join:2003-09-20
Lake Villa, IL

fitsun3 to gerick

Premium Member

to gerick
The blue light only stays on if the box is connect to a HDTV. U-Verse CS said the blue light lets you know if you connect to the HDMI port. I replied this was not the case before the update. CS said it was part of the update. He didn't know what other features were included. If you have a regular TV the blue light never comes on.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to Graystoke

to Graystoke
I remember how long it took to change a channel on U-Verse lol
Graystoke
join:2006-03-24
Stockton, CA

Graystoke

One thing I've noticed since this update. The rewind is acting weird. When I click the rewind button twice and then stop it where I want it, it jumps forward. Some times I have to click it a second or third time to get to where I want it. It never did that before. Fast forwarding seems to be ok.

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan to brianiscool

Anon

to brianiscool
said by brianiscool:

I remember how long it took to change a channel on U-Verse lol

Yeah, it's instant unless some other TV providers! Isn't it great?

gerick
San Antonio, TX
Google Wifi
Obihai OBi200

gerick to Jon5

to Jon5
said by Jon5:

said by gerick:

Electrical Tape

I did resort to black electical tape. Looks tacky, but works.
Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state
·T-Mobile

Secyurityet

Premium Member

said by gerick:

said by Jon5:

said by gerick:

Electrical Tape

I did resort to black electical tape. Looks tacky, but works.

The other option would be to keep the red lens of your red-blue 3d glasses in front of the blue led.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to Rangersfan

to Rangersfan
I was talking how bad U-Verse would change channels. Try changing the HD channels. I never seen such terrible video quality in my life.

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan

Anon

said by brianiscool:

I was talking how bad U-Verse would change channels.

What does that mean?

shortyd999
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999

said by Rangersfan :

said by brianiscool:

What does that mean?

I'm wondering the same thing?
cooperaaaron
join:2004-04-10
Joliet, IL

cooperaaaron to gerick

to gerick
Right! I am looking at the light right now, it popped on last night, and as reported, it will now stay on.....
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to Graystoke

to Graystoke
The faceplate on the boxes just pops off. You could easily take it off, remove the LED, and reinstall the faceplate.

Michail
Premium Member
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL

Michail to shortyd999

Premium Member

to shortyd999
said by shortyd999:

said by Rangersfan :

said by brianiscool:

What does that mean?

I'm wondering the same thing?

I find U-verse channel changing to be the best and fastest there is. However, the HD PQ is a whole other story.

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan

Anon

said by Michail:

I find U-verse channel changing to be the best and fastest there is. However, the HD PQ is a whole other story.

Opinion of U-verse HD quality vary greatly; however, other than the message from this poster, I have read no messages from people complaining about the speed of changing channels on U-verse. This is why the comments from this poster are so confusing.

I have had DirecTV, Dish Network and cable TV. My experience is that there is no comparison of the speed of changing channel on U-verse with the other TV providers. U-verse blows the other TV providers away when it comes to the speed at which you can change channels.