share rss forum feed

Graystoke

join:2006-03-24
Stockton, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

A U-verse Update Last Night?

I live in Northern Calif. Last night, 11/27/2012, at about 11:30 PM, a message came on my TV from ATT stating that there was an update available. It said that if I was watching live TV, or a recording, they would be turned off while updating. I was watching a movie that was close to being over, and didn't want to miss the ending. I chose the option of "wait 3 hours". Strange only two options, do it now, or wait 3 hours. After the movie was over, I turned off the TV and headed for bed. Today I thought there might be a message or something about the update when I turned on the TV. There was nothing.

Anyone know about any updates that were pushed out yesterday? I can't find any info.

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1

Local, or specific to Uverse TV? Nothing here in Chicago, using (only) Uverse Internet (IPDSLAM)...

techguyga
Premium
join:2003-12-31
Cumming, GA

My TV boxes both rebooted a couple of times each just before midnight on Tuesday night also. I didn't see the the on-screen message, though. Figured it must be a firmware update they were pushing.

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL
reply to Graystoke

I just got a message about an update as well (1am 12/05/2012). Although it was on the second STB, not the main one. I dont notice anything different, must be background stuff they updated

dbeatson
Premium
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC
reply to Graystoke

Can you post new version numbers, model numbers, and UI Version?
--
»www.w4lny.com

shortyd999

Birmingham, AL

said by dbeatson:

Can you post new version numbers, model numbers, and UI Version?

Here are mine from the system info screen

gerick

join:2001-01-17
San Antonio, TX
reply to Graystoke

I know one thing that was done. Now the $%#@'n blue light stays on all night even if the box is turned off!!!

dbeatson
Premium
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC

If that little tiny blue light keep you up, you may have other problems!
--
»www.w4lny.com

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net

said by dbeatson:

If that little tiny blue light keep you up, you may have other problems!

ROFL

gerick

San Antonio, TX
reply to dbeatson

It may be tiny, but it is BRIGHT. I can make shadow puppets on the wall across the room from it.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

said by gerick:

It may be tiny, but it is BRIGHT. I can make shadow puppets on the wall across the room from it.

fitsun
Premium
join:2003-09-20
Lake Villa, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to gerick

The blue light only stays on if the box is connect to a HDTV. U-Verse CS said the blue light lets you know if you connect to the HDMI port. I replied this was not the case before the update. CS said it was part of the update. He didn't know what other features were included. If you have a regular TV the blue light never comes on.

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
reply to Graystoke

I remember how long it took to change a channel on U-Verse lol

Graystoke

join:2006-03-24
Stockton, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Graystoke

One thing I've noticed since this update. The rewind is acting weird. When I click the rewind button twice and then stop it where I want it, it jumps forward. Some times I have to click it a second or third time to get to where I want it. It never did that before. Fast forwarding seems to be ok.

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net
reply to brianiscool

said by brianiscool:

I remember how long it took to change a channel on U-Verse lol

Yeah, it's instant unless some other TV providers! Isn't it great?

gerick

San Antonio, TX
reply to Jon

said by Jon:

said by gerick:

Electrical Tape

I did resort to black electical tape. Looks tacky, but works.

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state

said by gerick:

said by Jon:

said by gerick:

Electrical Tape

I did resort to black electical tape. Looks tacky, but works.

The other option would be to keep the red lens of your red-blue 3d glasses in front of the blue led.

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
reply to Rangersfan

I was talking how bad U-Verse would change channels. Try changing the HD channels. I never seen such terrible video quality in my life.

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net

said by brianiscool:

I was talking how bad U-Verse would change channels.

What does that mean?

shortyd999

Birmingham, AL

said by Rangersfan :

said by brianiscool:

What does that mean?

I'm wondering the same thing?

cooperaaaron

join:2004-04-10
Joliet, IL
reply to gerick

Right! I am looking at the light right now, it popped on last night, and as reported, it will now stay on.....

Paralel

join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US
kudos:4
reply to Graystoke

The faceplate on the boxes just pops off. You could easily take it off, remove the LED, and reinstall the faceplate.

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to shortyd999

said by shortyd999:

said by Rangersfan :

said by brianiscool:

What does that mean?

I'm wondering the same thing?

I find U-verse channel changing to be the best and fastest there is. However, the HD PQ is a whole other story.

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net

said by Michail:

I find U-verse channel changing to be the best and fastest there is. However, the HD PQ is a whole other story.

Opinion of U-verse HD quality vary greatly; however, other than the message from this poster, I have read no messages from people complaining about the speed of changing channels on U-verse. This is why the comments from this poster are so confusing.

I have had DirecTV, Dish Network and cable TV. My experience is that there is no comparison of the speed of changing channel on U-verse with the other TV providers. U-verse blows the other TV providers away when it comes to the speed at which you can change channels.