Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KA0OUV
Premium
join:2010-02-17
Jefferson City, MO

[Embarq] Mid-MO Outage?

Have connectivity issues from Mid-Missouri. I can get two hops into Embarq's network, then no further. Anyone else seeing problems?

Apogee

join:2012-11-28
From Stephenville, TX - Cannot ping out to anywhere. We've been on tech support for four hours. Spoke to one person, said they had multi-state outage and 2,600 people in que for support.

SemperFi

join:2011-03-04
Marion, IA
reply to KA0OUV
it's out in Iowa also.

davidpaj

join:2002-04-22
reply to KA0OUV
Out in NC too

Apogee

@rr.com
reply to KA0OUV
From Stephenville, TX, we are out cannot ping. Have been on hold with Tech Support, they say they have 2,600 in que and are having a multi-state outage.

ciscace

@107.228.227.x
reply to KA0OUV
yep outage mid mo confirmed cent link network is ok, outward... nothing

GlenBradley

@myvzw.com
reply to KA0OUV
Down in NC for past 2 hours. Missouri, Kansas, Texas, and North Carolina at least. NOTHING being reported about it online. A major outage like this one should make the news no? I wonder why the wires are silent. I am counting States with outages from twitter complaints.

Anonyyyymous

@myvzw.com
reply to SemperFi
Yes, been down since 7:30 from California MO, appears all of Mid Mo and Jefferson City area is out if on Centurylink.

GlenBradley

@myvzw.com
reply to KA0OUV
It's now up to six states:

North Carolina, Texas, Florida, Missouri, Kansas, and Iowa.

Tempest

@myvzw.com
reply to SemperFi
Out in eastern NC also...

danowolf

@embarqhsd.net
reply to SemperFi
Centurylink service down in Central Florida, (800) 603-8044 Data Services tech support option 1 then 1 reports multistate outage affecting MO, FL, PA, NC. lol had to wait to post this until is bounced back up. This outage affects ALL Centurylink data services including home DSL customers and Metro Ethernet, Fiber corporate customers.

scguy

@spcsdns.net
reply to KA0OUV
Out in SC too

Batman

@mycingular.net
reply to davidpaj
Out in pa as well. Not pleased

E Dibs

@rr.com
reply to KA0OUV
»www.fultonsun.com/news/2012/nov/ ··· stomers/

They are having major problems

GlenBradley

@myvzw.com
reply to davidpaj
It's out in seven states. North Carolina, Texas, Florida, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, and Pennsylvania.

I've been trying to post updates here for the last 3 hours, but my posts are not populating. I guess the moderator is asleep.

jojosuburban

join:2003-04-18
Prairie City, IA
reply to KA0OUV
I am in celtral Iowa about 20 miles east of Des Moines. I suffered no outage during the last 24 hours. Solid as a rock.

ydoucare

join:2003-03-12
Lafayette, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to GlenBradley
said by GlenBradley :

It's out in seven states. North Carolina, Texas, Florida, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, and Pennsylvania.

I've been trying to post updates here for the last 3 hours, but my posts are not populating. I guess the moderator is asleep.

9 including Indiana and Ohio.

CrazyFingers

join:2003-10-01
Columbia, MO
reply to KA0OUV
Columbia, MO customer here. I never lost connectivity or had the slightest problem last night. However, the usual 5:00pm-11:00PM latency jump (doubles or triples during peak usage hours) never happened, so maybe I got a bit of a silver lining from so many other people's woes?
Still no excuse for such a massive outage that affected so many customers.
--
Burrow owl...burrow owl...

DDD

@embarqhsd.net
reply to danowolf
I am from Nebraska and we went down in the west end of the state about 6pm or a bit earlier. We did not lite up for hours. I too was on hold for support an hour and NEVER did get thru. I am a CIO for a hospital and our electronic medical record relies on CenturyLink for connection to our hosted system. You would think this fiber connection would be redundant, esp considering the size of the area it serves. I am amazed this size of an outage did not make national news, makes you wonder.....

bctrainers

join:2004-08-03
Olathe, KS
reply to KA0OUV
Had no routing issues from the Gardner, KS router to and from CenturyLink backbone.

bufan

@embarqhsd.net
reply to KA0OUV
Been having problems for 2 days in Indiana. Extremely slow connection, takes sometimes 2 or 3 minutes to load up a webpage.