share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

First aid: useless?

I've been working healing on a couple of my none healing toons. But I'm finding out using band aids on self during combat doesn't always work.
Not like drinking a healing potion.

I tend to fight and die/survive. If I survive the fight, then I'll eat.
Now on my toons with healing spells/abilities, I'll use those during a fight. And wont waste the time in training first aid.

Or am I looking at first aid wrong?

Also, I noticed MOP seems to have a lack in healing potion drops, meaning I can't recall seeing any drop.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
bandages have to be channeled and any dmg taken will break the channel. So, you need to not have any dots/bleeds/mobs on you to use the bandage. The top bandage does a good job of healing out of combat.

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR
reply to Snakeoil
and will also enjoy getting faster rep from cloud serpent for your mount skill with first aid maxed, it lets you complete another daily

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Snakeoil
bandage utility has decreased greatly since vanilla. It used to be mandatory to max out and carry a supplly of bandages in our guild when we raided MC/BWL/AQ back in the day, now with about every class having a self heal in combat it is not what it used to be.
But yes, out of combat or dueling/pvp it is a help.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
In cata in BWD the boss down the stairs and to the left.

I always used a bandage right after feud was over.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Snakeoil
plus there is a guild bonus to bandage use

blackthought

join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Snakeoil
self healing is so great that i don't use them often, but in leveling 85-90 i've used more than a handfull. Plus it's really not that hard to level with all the cloth you get.
--
»www.nomorenoob.com - Wow help site
Noob of the month - »www.nomorenoob.com/p/noob-of-month.html

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Snakeoil
They help you get Cloud Serpent rep!

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to Snakeoil
The top bandages in MoP now heal my elemental Shammy like 60-70%, so after a fight, instead of popping off 8 or 9 heals, I can just use a bandage and be at almost full health or even top off.

In the past, the top bandages would give me maybe 50%.

It's a lot quicker than sitting for 30 secs eating.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

They help you get Cloud Serpent rep!

korendir9

join:2004-10-21
Lemoyne, PA
reply to Snakeoil
I found them very useful last night doing the new dailies down in the mine. For some reason when I tried to eat I couldn't stay sitting for more than a few seconds so I was wasting food.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Snakeoil
Useful for leveling, and if you can get a quick break in BG's they are nice to have. Even on my rogue I'd use glyphed blind, run off and bandage up, stealth and head back in.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Snakeoil
There's also a handful of quests out there (not counting the cloud serpent one) that require you to heal an NPC. You're not always given an item that will let you heal them. The gryphon one in Twilight Highlands comes to mind. Plus, in some cases, the bandages might actually work better/faster than the item they give you.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
I stumbled upon the triage one. *grumbles*, I have no opinion of it.