Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

join:2006-07-23

2 edits

[Embarq] Outage in Ohio?

Anyone else experiencing weird outage issues here in Ohio? I can visit a few sites, but not all---some respond normally, others don't; this is amidst losing all connection completely for short periods of time.

It's not on my end; I don't lose sync and nothing else is out of the ordinary.

After looking at a trace-route to a site I can't visit (www.speakeasy.net), the ping is normal for all routes, but after a certain point in the Qwest network,, things just aren't accessible.

Shadow

@embarqhsd.net
Yes same problems here can only load some sites.

Titus
Mr Gradenko

join:2004-06-26
kudos:1
reply to Fox McCloud
Have you tried another DNS server?
--
--

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

1 edit
I would try out OpenDNS real quick, but that's one of the sites that's down and I don't have one of their IP addresses handy.

edit: Tried Google's DNS---still no luck...not a DNS issue.

patmanami

join:2012-11-29
Centerburg, OH
reply to Fox McCloud
I have Century Link customer service on the phone now, getting transfered over to senior support @ Qwest (they transfered to wrong department - trying to get someone on the backbone, but they don't seem to know who to contact for that - hoo+ray). Will update if I hear anything, but my outage definitely happened around the same time as yours 1:05am EST. All tracert-s fail for me on the 67.14.8.* subnet.

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

said by patmanami:

I have Century Link customer service on the phone now, getting transfered over to senior support @ Qwest (they transfered to wrong department - trying to get someone on the backbone, but they don't seem to know who to contact for that - hoo+ray). Will update if I hear anything, but my outage definitely happened around the same time as yours 1:05am EST. All tracert-s fail for me on the 67.14.8.* subnet.

Sounds about right as far as my tracerts go, too.

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

Things are back to normal now.

patmanami

join:2012-11-29
Centerburg, OH
Agreed. Was talking with Quest backbone support when it just started to work. What a pain but at least we're not having to lose random sites as we were before.

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

said by patmanami:

Agreed. Was talking with Quest backbone support when it just started to work. What a pain but at least we're not having to lose random sites as we were before.

Did they give any word or comment on what the trouble was?

Shadow

@embarqhsd.net
reply to Fox McCloud
I called and the automatic message said it should be resolved by 2 am eastern.

patmanami

@embarqhsd.net
reply to Fox McCloud
I have Century Link customer service on the phone now, getting transfered over to senior support @ Qwest (they transfered to wrong department - trying to get someone on the backbone). Will update if I hear anything, but my outage definitely happened around the same time as yours 1:05am EST. All tracert-s fail for me on the 67.14.8.* subnet.