All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
shawnunder7
join:2011-10-08

shawnunder7

Cable box doing weird things

Hello all, i woke up this morning and my Cisco DVR is going nuts. It is currently counting up on the letter h. I rebooted the box and i got an error E:54, and right now its counting up and is at h6:09 going even higher. What should be done?
Satch
join:2009-11-25

1 edit

Satch

said by shawnunder7:

Hello all, i woke up this morning and my Cisco DVR is going nuts. It is currently counting up on the letter h. I rebooted the box and i got an error E:54, and right now its counting up and is at h6:09 going even higher. What should be done?

I know a customer who's box got stuck in a loop for about 12 hours. Finally, the reboot for whatever it was, went through! But understandably, most people aren't gonna wait that long.

Large updates can require three automatic reboots, each taking about 20 minutes.

What's the box doing now? Boxes can take between 10-45 minutes per update download, so if any customer gets one of the unexpected updates, wait a good 90 minutes. Don't do ANYTHING to the box. If it's gone past 90 minutes or more and the thing is stuck, call customer service.

Satch
shawnunder7

shawnunder7

its been going on well over 24 hours. Its showing some h#:## and those numbers increase then restart at zero and go up again. I called TW and they stated they did something last Tuesday and it didn't work on the box or something, so they'll send someone to check it out later today.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by shawnunder7:

its been going on well over 24 hours. Its showing some h#:## and those numbers increase then restart at zero and go up again. I called TW and they stated they did something last Tuesday and it didn't work on the box or something, so they'll send someone to check it out later today.

Yup,

There was a patch update released to the boxes last week. Let us know what happens. Best guess is that the tech will just replace the box.

Satch

Cartman44310 to shawnunder7

Anon

to shawnunder7
Shawn,

Try unplugging the box overnight and plug it in again in the morning. One of my dvr's did that last week too. I let it go for about 8 hours and then pulled the plug on it. I left it unplugged overnight and plugged it in the next morning. It booted right up and has been fine since
shawnunder7

shawnunder7

Left it unplug for like over 12 hours and nothing happened. Tech came and replaced it, i asked him and he said some update came out this past week and the box didn't install the update and it just kept retrying which is why it had that h#:## thing going on. I got a Cisco 8742 which is really small, but the lights are so bright at night. Everything is good to go now