Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: WoW toon pics

said by Snakeoil:

The last dungeon I ran with a guild was a couple of years ago. Some of the member threw hissy fits because they couldn't get an item they wanted.

I did do a random dungeon a year ago, after I returned. Again their were players bitching over people using "need" over "greed" and threats of kicking were tossed around. The last few times I ran a dungeon, I passed on all the loot, and just ran it to complete quests. Hence why I dislike them.

At least doing battlegrounds, the only thing people grip about is your lack of hurting the opposing faction. But that's about the only bitching that ever went on.

And that's enough to make you avoid it? TBH, this sounds like extreme conflict avoidance.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I feel you Snake. It's possible that you're just not a mutliplayer type guy. But Immer's guild has a good atmosphere. People that help each other and aren't going to chew you out like the terrible Snuff does.

Obviously your decision, just a suggestion. There's a lot in this game that you miss by avoiding randoms and therefore having to do soloable content.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I pay to play, not fight other players. Fight other players over items, fight other players in duals or in battlegrounds. It's just me. lol.
Now if I can only find the export button on my armory app on my nexus 7.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
I know I'm missing some nice content.
But I can live with that, for now.

I'm just trying to figure out how to do a screen cap on my amory app on my nexus 7.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
The game is built around multiplayer teamwork - virtually everything you do is supposed to be done as a group which is why your avoidance of a group seems.... odd to us.

But play what you enjoy.

I'm the opposite of you. I simply will not play a single player game. Halo 4 dropped, I played 45 seconds (literally) of campaign so that I could get my XIM Edge working and then joined online servers.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I pay to play, not fight other players. Fight other players over items, fight other players in duals or in battlegrounds. It's just me. lol.
Now if I can only find the export button on my armory app on my nexus 7.

I'm not a particularly social person, but this amount of adversity to conflict sounds unhealthy. You did two dungeons in the past two years, and people "fought" (you know you can ignore chat) over loot, so you avoid dungeons now?

Wow.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Correction. I'm not being condescending.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Or passive aggressive.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I'm just trying to figure out how to do a screen cap on my amory app on my nexus 7.

Try holding your finger on it and "copying" it. Then just e-mail it to yourself.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
There's an opportunity in this thread to be condescending, but I'm lacking motivation.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 recommendation

Immer to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Ahh, I don't run dungeons. At least not using Dungeon finder. I solo them, because I hate all the "pissing and moaning" over loot drops.

I don't think I have you on RealID or BattleTag, but if ever you'd like to run a current dungeon, just hit me up (Immer#1214) on your alliance toon and I can work you into one of our guild dungeon runs. No need to xfer toons unless you really want to.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

^ Great alternative to transferring. I overlooked crossrealm dungeons.

Give this a try Snake.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I know I'm missing some nice content.
But I can live with that, for now.

Another nice bonus if you run with guildies is that you earn gold for your guild (250g per run, up to 7 times a week).

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
I picture my guys as solo types.
Warlock, human. Who wants to hang out with a person that deals with death and decay? Plus he is studying herbs and grinding them into new and interesting formulas.
A Hunter dwarf that is a miner/engineer? He is to busy to be bothered with anyone else. Add to that searching for the next best pet.
A death knight, night elf. How much more creepy can you be, an undead creature running around. He is busy taking items apart for their rare elements and using those elements to enchant other items. So between being a living dead hero and a busy enchanter, why should he hang out with mere mortals?
Rogues, night elf. Pretty much like crowds to hide in, pick a few pockets, then stab someone in the kidney and leave. So to avoid trouble with guards and angry mods, he stays to the fields and woods stalking animals to hone his killing and skinning skills. Or he is at an inn in a dark corner making leather armor, sharpening his blades and apply a touch of poison to them.
Monks panda. I can see them enjoying a party and drinking. But my monk also likes making armor and mining. Also, after a while the host grows tired of a guest that drinks and eats more then his fair share.
Druid, Worgan. He is busy sniffing the grass and stalking his prey to enjoy the company of others. Besides, he has fleas and doesn't want them to spread to the pandas. He also is building his strength by mining and his knowledge of anatomy by skinning. Which occupies much of his time.
Warrior, female. After a day of fighting, spilling blood and sweat, a gal has to take care in getting clean. Then having to deal with unwanted advances from untoward males, may end up with more bloodshed. So she stays at home sewing and hitting the AH. Or she is out in the wilds, studying anatomy and how to remove skin with ease with her two handed broad sword.

Paladin draenei is a bit conflicted. He spends a lot of time praying as well as staring at ore to see what kind of gems he'll recover. Then he carefully cuts the gems and makes jewelery. With all that praying and precise work he has to do, can he afford to have twitchy nerves from drinking?
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
The one guild a few of my toons belong to is a "dead" guild. It has around 100 or so members, is a level 25 guild. But for the last 4 months only 16 or so toons are actually active. Heck, I was outta wow for 4 months, and was surprised to still be in the guild when I returned.
Currently one toon is exalted with the guild.
I have yet to figure out how to access guild perks.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Uh oh.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I have yet to figure out how to access guild perks.

Many of them are automatic/passive (ex: +% justice points/gold/honor earned).

The active ones, like mobile banking, can be found in your spellbook.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

but I'm lacking motivation.

Not sure how long he'll be lacking motivation....

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Dungeons aren't so bad anymore, I only run them for VP now.
Short of one of the super rare epics (and even then maybe not) there aren't any upgrades left for me in dungeons.

I'd bet there's alot of others like me that will just roll DE on all of the loot.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
? what?

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by Exodus:

but I'm lacking motivation.

Not sure how long he'll be lacking motivation....

hahahahaha...you know it's coming.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I picture my guys as solo types.
Warlock, human. Who wants to hang out with a person that deals with death and decay? Plus he is studying herbs and grinding them into new and interesting formulas.
A Hunter dwarf that is a miner/engineer? He is to busy to be bothered with anyone else. Add to that searching for the next best pet.
A death knight, night elf. How much more creepy can you be, an undead creature running around. He is busy taking items apart for their rare elements and using those elements to enchant other items. So between being a living dead hero and a busy enchanter, why should he hang out with mere mortals?
Rogues, night elf. Pretty much like crowds to hide in, pick a few pockets, then stab someone in the kidney and leave. So to avoid trouble with guards and angry mods, he stays to the fields and woods stalking animals to hone his killing and skinning skills. Or he is at an inn in a dark corner making leather armor, sharpening his blades and apply a touch of poison to them.
Monks panda. I can see them enjoying a party and drinking. But my monk also likes making armor and mining. Also, after a while the host grows tired of a guest that drinks and eats more then his fair share.
Druid, Worgan. He is busy sniffing the grass and stalking his prey to enjoy the company of others. Besides, he has fleas and doesn't want them to spread to the pandas. He also is building his strength by mining and his knowledge of anatomy by skinning. Which occupies much of his time.
Warrior, female. After a day of fighting, spilling blood and sweat, a gal has to take care in getting clean. Then having to deal with unwanted advances from untoward males, may end up with more bloodshed. So she stays at home sewing and hitting the AH. Or she is out in the wilds, studying anatomy and how to remove skin with ease with her two handed broad sword.

Paladin draenei is a bit conflicted. He spends a lot of time praying as well as staring at ore to see what kind of gems he'll recover. Then he carefully cuts the gems and makes jewelery. With all that praying and precise work he has to do, can he afford to have twitchy nerves from drinking?

With backstory like that.. do you play on an RP server?

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to StumpMan

Premium Member

to StumpMan
Click for full size
LasHope Unholy DK lev 85
Click for full size
Althormra Combat Rogue Lev 63
Click for full size
Alred Beast Master Lev 90
Click for full size
Namnalin Brewmaster lev 45 monk
Click for full size
Tarasue Arms warrior lev 27
Click for full size
Hapinchance Demonology Warlock lev 63
Click for full size
Pashinice Feral Druid Lev 50
Click for full size
Droose Retribution Paladin lev 37
Here are my toons. For what ever reason the android based armory app didn't have a screen cap button [or I couldn't find it]. I had to use my Iphone app, and then a usb cable to my linux box.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

those are your toons....it's good you play alone.

»www.wowpedia.org/Transmo ··· fication

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
No. But I tend to create stories like that for most of the characters I have played in MMORPGs [well, the ones I've played for any length of time].
For example The Von Hammer clan of the catskills shard [server] in Ultima Online had a wide range of people. One of whom was a bard who could never seem to stay out of trouble. Between pinching the soft bottoms of the bar maids to accidentally mixing up element weaver's magic reagents [element weaver was a magic user]. how was poor innocent Jack to know that replacing the bloodmoss with fish oil would turn Weaver into a fish?
After all, he is just a handsome bard that the ladies love and adore, and whom the dragons dance to their death with.

The toons take on a life of their own in my head. I know I should seek help, but their voices provide comfort and support in a lonely harsh reality.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
And with people like you, is it any wonder/ Instead of attacking, why not explain how transmog works.
I've looked into it, never could figure it out. Besides that, I need another 399k gold so I can buy the uber mount. The one that was released in panda land with all the neat vendors. I can't waste gold resources on transmog.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

with T-mog you find a cool group of gear throughout WOW and make whatever gear you have look like it.

For instance Mage t-11 looks awesome, so I t-mog my gear to look like it.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

And with people like you, is it any wonder/ Instead of attacking, why not explain how transmog works.
I've looked into it, never could figure it out.

You cant figure out how to click the link I posted? You cant figure out google? You cant figure out how to put an item in a slot and click a button?

As for gold, you already posted all these wonderful professions you do solo and you are telling me you are short on gold? How is that? If you solo you can do dailies (lord knows there are more than enough to do)...the money is out there, the question is why arent you getting it?

and P.S. I know I have not playe din a month but is there a uber mount that costs 399k now?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
i could care less about transmog, it doesnt improve someones ability in the least, a fail is a fail wether he looks good or not.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

thats true, but if you're going to fail why not look good doing it?