Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26

Re: [iPhone] I miss being a sheep in the herd

May sound silly, but the fact you had issues installing the sim card is the Android os's fault? Doubtful.

As for Apple support, I have always heard they help out of warranty but when I had an issue with a sticky iPhone 4 button 2 months out of warranty they calibrated it, took it out back, said they they could see the issue, realize other people had issues with the home button as well, but wanted $150. I guess I was not the lucky one.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by ptrowski:

May sound silly, but the fact you had issues installing the sim card is the Android os's fault? Doubtful.

As for Apple support, I have always heard they help out of warranty but when I had an issue with a sticky iPhone 4 button 2 months out of warranty they calibrated it, took it out back, said they they could see the issue, realize other people had issues with the home button as well, but wanted $150. I guess I was not the lucky one.

I was having issues with the OS as well with pop ups this APP stopped working and that APP stopped working. The APPS were bloat ware force installed by the carrier if i kept the phone i would have rooted it if possible however i had other things to worry about beyond getting that phone in order.........like work.

Michail
Premium Member
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL

Michail to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

That's the same issue I had fixed for $30 at a local smartphone repair shop. These places are well stocked in iPhone parts and the parts aren't that expensive either.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26
Sounds like a PEBKAC issue...
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

1 recommendation

Dodge to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26
said by norbert26:

I was having issues with the OS as well with pop ups this APP stopped working and that APP stopped working. The APPS were bloat ware force installed by the carrier if i kept the phone i would have rooted it if possible however i had other things to worry about beyond getting that phone in order.........like work.

As someone who has Droid Razr Maxx, I'm getting a feeling you were going into the "Droid" experience looking for an excuse to go back to an iPhone.

I'll admit the sim/sd card door on the Razr series is not the most convenient, however since you'll most likely have to open it once to put the cards in, not a big issue. The fact that you managed to scratch the phone while trying to open it makes me think that you were trying to pry it with something metal and from the wrong end (hinge side).

As far as the software, Droid Razr series doesn't have a lot of bloatware, and whatever it did have can be either uninstalled or disabled by a single screen touch and drag.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to norbert26

Premium Member

to norbert26
said by norbert26:

said by ptrowski:

Sounds like the carriers install their own crap.

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine to norbert26

to norbert26
said by norbert26:

I was having issues with the OS as well with pop ups this APP stopped working and that APP stopped working. The APPS were bloat ware force installed by the carrier

We have four Droids with Verizon for several years and have never witnessed that.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

said by howardfine:

said by norbert26:

I was having issues with the OS as well with pop ups this APP stopped working and that APP stopped working. The APPS were bloat ware force installed by the carrier

We have four Droids with Verizon for several years and have never witnessed that.

slacker, kindle and a few others which i forgot. I never even used these APPS or interacted with them. I would simply receive a pop up saying the APP had stopped . It is becoming more and more apparent that this is NOT the norm for this phone. The one i received was a lemon. Also at random times i would hear a recording saying "verizon wireless" (out phone's speaker) but there was NO call or text coming in.