Smile
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON

Devanchya to Stewy6

Premium Member

to Stewy6

Re: Canada prepares for crackdown on downloaders

Well this weekend a lot of the Linux Indexing Site went offline, such as Nzbmatrix....

It may be interesting to see what happens, looks like the media companies went for a super LLC take down request that just made people throw in the towel in the "open world" in stead of worrying about the trouble of being legal.

Will drive people into the darker corners, will be interesting to see if this actually improves the media numbers.

Now to figure out where I can get a copy of Red Hat...

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to sm5w2

Anon

to sm5w2
Aren't you that *guy* with a grandfathered account? Now why would you be paying that huge sum each month if you were downloading next to nothing like you're telling everyone here on dsl reports?

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die
join:2008-03-18
Renfrew, ON

JunjiHiroma to Devanchya

to Devanchya
said by Devanchya:

Well this weekend a lot of the Linux Indexing Site went offline, such as Nzbmatrix....

It may be interesting to see what happens, looks like the media companies went for a super LLC take down request that just made people throw in the towel in the "open world" in stead of worrying about the trouble of being legal.

Will drive people into the darker corners, will be interesting to see if this actually improves the media numbers.

Now to figure out where I can get a copy of Red Hat...

I won't worry when everything goes underground.They [Hollywood] will accidently trigger a underground boom,once it does...nobody but hollywood will be blaming themselves for doing it and shooting themselves in the foot.
analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy to Stewy6

to Stewy6
What really amazes me is how the media companies are stuck and not moving forward.

If you got all these IP's whynot just send a letter showing the IP/Movie/music track that was downloaded and offer the copyright infringer to pay $15 for the movie and $1 for the track. I bet 90% of people would just pay it and keep on downloading. Next round send another set of letters. With such a cheap price most people would pay up.
GBerry
join:2011-06-12
Guelph, ON

GBerry

said by analog andy:

What really amazes me is how the media companies are stuck and not moving forward.

If you got all these IP's whynot just send a letter showing the IP/Movie/music track that was downloaded and offer the copyright infringer to pay $15 for the movie and $1 for the track. I bet 90% of people would just pay it and keep on downloading. Next round send another set of letters. With such a cheap price most people would pay up.

Lawyers cost too much for them to pursue something like this.
Expand your moderator at work
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

Huffingtonpost is reporting the lawsuits have been abandoned...

»www.huffingtonpost.ca/20 ··· 427.html

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

That must be an older lawsuit. There is currently action underway as being discussed at »Blog - Copyright Infringement Lawsuit.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to Stewy6

to Stewy6
Leanr to use VPN and SSH tunnels , Spread the word and leanr and education on TOR and I2p lets take the internet back and into the cloud. If we all contribute a small portion of bandwidth everyone will be safe and encrypted.

Will be create a website giving instructing on how to do this shortly
Expand your moderator at work

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2 to DanteX

Premium Member

to DanteX

> Learn to use VPN and SSH tunnels

Or - learn to use file-lockers and usenet for all your downloading needs...
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

I may need that for my Coast to Coast am radio downloads...LOL