Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

2 edits
reply to Caddyroger

Re: Name of service

I used a service here called Visiting Nurse Association back in February. Had to get a colonoscopy. When you call them they will come to the house to do the initial paperwork. Set the date/time and the RN picked me up from home,waited,assist,and drove me back. She helped me get into the house(I was still pretty out of it....the whole thing was like a dream ) and fixed me something to eat. She also helped calm me down on the way to the hospital.
Cost around $48 for four hours I think.
She also could have done light housekeeping for the price as well.

Was too embarrassed to ask friends and neighbors for help. Girlfriend was in Italy. Also needed someone I can depend on. All of my sisters are in the nursing field but it wasn't that much of an emergency for them to fly here from Virginia.
And once I set the date for the procedure I had to be there. Really wanted to get this over with and not reschedule.

That being said....If it's a medical emergency you should call your physician or 911 for an ambulance.
In your situation I would have driven myself to the emergency room immediately after the accident or called my doctor.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Majestik:

I used a service here called Visiting Nurse Association back in February. Had to get a colonoscopy. When you call them they will come to the house to do the initial paperwork. Set the date/time and the RN picked me up from home,waited,assist,and drove me back. She helped me get into the house(I was still pretty out of it....the whole thing was like a dream ) and fixed me something to eat. She also helped calm me down on the way to the hospital.
Cost around $48 for four hours I think.
She also could have done light housekeeping for the price as well.

Was too embarrassed to ask friends and neighbors for help. Girlfriend was in Italy. Also needed someone I can depend on. All of my sisters are in the nursing field but it wasn't that much of an emergency for them to fly here from Virginia.
And once I set the date for the procedure I had to be there. Really wanted to get this over with and not reschedule.

That being said....If it's a medical emergency you should call your physician or 911 for an ambulance.
In your situation I would have driven myself to the emergency room immediately after the accident or called my doctor.

The problem I could not twist or bend my leg to drive my self at the time of the accident. It getting better if not by Monday I off to the doctor.
--
Caddy