Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

2 edits

EliteData

Premium Member

Click for full size
useless !
it says its not compatible with my galaxy note 2, sgh-t889, its stock and not rooted, jelly bean 4.1.1 - this app is useless !
looks like this is just an updated version for the kindle fire.
im very disappointed as a paying customer to know that everyone else can have their "TV on their smartphone" while i cannot.
i pay a premium price for CV services and i feel i deserve to have accessibility to this app without having to play this game of "tag".
i should not have to "modify" this app to make it work on my smartphone (its simple as clear the data, open the app, stay signed in and minimize it, if you close the app, you have to clear the data again), should i really have to go through that ? no.

rtbond
join:2007-11-28
Hopatcong, NJ

2 edits

rtbond to cabletecht

to cabletecht
Google Play is indicating this application is not compatible with my AT&T Galaxy S3 (Android v4.0.4). I guess one of the best selling Android phones is not part of the "select Android phones" that the App is designed to support.

I e-mailed Cablevision about this issue using the address provided on Google Play.

This may explain why it is hard to find this App on the Google Play (it is not listed on the initial search results on the phone - but if you view all results it is there)
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to cabletecht

to cabletecht
It tells me my device is compatible on the web, but not on the phone itself. Bummer.

Samsung Stratosphere running Gingerbread.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

3 edits

EliteData

Premium Member

get the APK on your phone, it will install and operate fine.
if you sign out or close the app and then re-open it, it will throw and error about not being compatible for this device.
just go to app manager in settings, clear the stored data and then re-open the app.
this procedure is for non-rooted phones like mine.
i got the APK (kindle fire app version 3.0) that will work on any android if you follow the procedure above, if anyone wants it, send me a PM with your email address (your email must be able to receive a 13MB file), you could alternatively find the APK on the web but "security" at CV is being di_ks and taking them down as fast as they're put up.
i would put it on my server for download but id rather not run the risk of "cease and desist" and the problems resulting from it for an app that SHOULD work on all android devices.

rtbond
Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit

rtbond

My AT&T GS3 does not provide an install/download option. given it believes the App is incompatible. Is there a way to force a download and then install?

Nevermind - I download with my PC and it then installed to my phone
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

I take it back, it started working with no additional work by me.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by frdrizzt:

I take it back, it started working with no additional work by me.

how about sending the APK my way ?
there should be no reason why this app should not be compatible with my device.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204

It installed on my Bionic but it says I am not home so I will test it tonight. At last!

rtbond
Hopatcong, NJ

rtbond to frdrizzt

to frdrizzt
Yes, the incompatible message is now gone and I am able to install the App to my GS3 normally.
rtbond

rtbond to frdrizzt

to frdrizzt
Yes, the incompatible message is now gone and I am able to install the App to my GS3 normally.

Live TV streaming seems to work over my WiFi.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to EliteData

to EliteData
said by EliteData:

i pay a premium price for CV services and i feel i deserve to have accessibility to this app without having to play this game of "tag".

Cablevision is all about class warfare. Have Fios? You're in a special class that gets special discounts not available to others. Have an iPad? You're in a special class that gets special apps over a year before anyone else.