Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« QIP7100STB Exchange question »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · next

nycdude

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

finally those crap channels gone. the worst was youtoo and their desperate plea to stay on.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
kudos:1
reply to nascar
When is TV Guide Hd rolling out to the rest of us ... ?

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
I am wondering the same thing. I am in VHO7, and there is not a channel to turn to. Not even test patterns, like the Olympic Channels when they were first turned on.

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY
I too am wondering why TV Guide HD hasn't been added in VHO5 (NY area) yet. While I don't really care for this addition as it's not a channel I would watch, it is the long roll-out process that concerns me - it has been almost a month since some VHO's have had this channel.

I recall when Fox Soccer HD was added we in NY had to wait more than 3 weeks longer than everyone else with no explanation. Verizon had no problem dropping the 4 channels on New Years for all VHO's - why does it take so long with additions? They have the available QAM slot from MAV HD which they cancelled - what could possibly be the delay?

MURICA

join:2013-01-03
Incompetence.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to nascar
Looks like NFL RedZone's QAM slot has been reclaimed by VZ now that the regular season is over.

Hopefully this in combination with the few channels Verizon decided to let expire at the end of the year will be replaced with some quality HD programming announced at CES and actually launched before spring.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
Unless I'm missing somethng,
nothing significant is going to happen till FiOS replaces the MPEG2 only older STBs and DVRs with newer STBs that support MPEG4.
Then they can deliver all the channels delivered in MPEG4 as MPEG4 and gain more space.
The only other option is to do like other cable systems and re compress channels to fit more HD channels in the QAM channel.

rpjoe
Premium
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ
reply to nascar
i'm not sure but i think there was a recent add in VHO7 today... 517 Unimás HD.
--
~ FiOS ~ * UltimateHD * QIP7232-2 * 35/35rev.G * iPhone 5 64GB W *

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
Unimás HD is a re branding of TeleFutura.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Whatever happened to the rest of the rollout for TV Guide Network? VHO5 still hasn't received it.

robertf390

Nesconset, NY
I'm wondering where TV Guide HD is for us too Mat - I spoke to a CSR about another issue and she had no clue saying she has had it for some time. As I said in a previous post, the delays with these new HD launches is getting longer each time.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
said by robertf390:

As I said in a previous post, the delays with these new HD launches is getting longer each time.

Yeah it seems to be worst in VHO7. I remember last July when VHO5 got WLNY-HD (ch 510). VHO7 didn't get it until November.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:3
said by Mac973:

said by robertf390:

As I said in a previous post, the delays with these new HD launches is getting longer each time.

Yeah it seems to be worst in VHO7. I remember last July when VHO5 got WLNY-HD (ch 510). VHO7 didn't get it until November.

I think we have the most "must carry" consuming valuable bandwidth. So they probably have to groom and re-groom allocations.

robertf390

Nesconset, NY
I don't know Nascar - as for the TV Guide HD add, they just dumped MAV HD so they could easily have used that QAM slot.

Your theory probably does apply to local adds like WLNG but not in this particular instance - some VHO's have had TV Guide HD available for more than a month now. Also, Verizon had originally told us the MSG2+ channel would be added by end of 2012 and still nothing so they had that original reserved spot available for WLNY if they wanted.

Plus VHO 7 has the issue with Philadelphia / NY coverage - I'm in VHO 5 (NY) and we don't have that problem - we just have the continued slow roll-outs of new HD's.
Expand your moderator at work

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ

2 edits
reply to nascar

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

Yes, "Local" slots are counted seperate from "national" slots if I recall ...
All VHO's should have the same amount of open QAM space for "National" HD's ..., while different VHO's may be Full or not full regarding their local QAM slots for Locals & RSNs..
Due to Mercer County NJ receiving Both Locals & RSN's from Philly & NYC, That VHO may have less "Local" Open QAMs than another VHO, but it would still have the same amount of "National Space" ... ...

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
reply to robertf390
I wrote to TV guide network about HD channel for VHO 5 NY -they said by March 1st at the latest.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
FiosTV1080I,

Thanks for doing that.

Do you think the same applies for VHO7 ? March 1st at the latest?

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA
reply to icemannyr1
said by icemannyr1:

Unless I'm missing somethng,
nothing significant is going to happen till FiOS replaces the MPEG2 only older STBs and DVRs with newer STBs that support MPEG4.
Then they can deliver all the channels delivered in MPEG4 as MPEG4 and gain more space.

And they'll gain even more space by eliminating SD simulcast channels for SD only boxes as I believe all the MPEG4 boxes do HD.

MeatChicken

Paramus, NJ
reply to nascar
Anyone able to get updates/news regarding timeframe of adding TVG-HD for VHO's 7 & 5 ?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
I saw something that said "will be available in all areas February 2013"

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to MeatChicken
I have tried to contact TV Guide themselves to see if what they told FiosTV1080I was the same as what they would tell me, because VHO5 and 7 are relatively close together.

Unlike what FiosTV1080I said, I was told that they do not have a time or window to say when it will launch. But they predict Q3 of this year.

Also matcarl,

Where did you see that something that said: "will be available in all areas in Feb 2013?"

If that is true, why would they give me, or anyone else, a BS response like that.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
Look at the listings in this link, see how TV Guide Network has an (*) next to it? Go to the last page for the answer.

»www22.verizon.com/cs/groups/publ···2013.pdf

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
Last word I got was by the end of 1st Quarter 2013...But that is still subject to change.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl
Ahh..

Thank you matcarl.

I guess I'll trust that, more than what I have been told my TVGuide themselves. I just hope that since it is in the VZ channel guide, that it will be true. By the end of February, all FiOS markets will have this channel.

I also wish that this could have been as simple/true for MSG+2 HD, in the areas that get these channels. But they won't ever do something like that, as they have now showed for TVGuide HD channel. But that is another story, for another thread.

robertf390

Nesconset, NY
reply to nycdave
Dave:

Thanks for the input - any particular reason why we are being delayed from the rest of the Verizon footprint - is it tied to the damage downtown in NYC from Sandy and the rebuilding?

Some areas have had this since early December -

Thanks

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
...or maybe they're holding it up to bunch with some other future channel adds? (one can hope...)

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar
This is nothing new, Verizon has shown time and again how inconceivably painstaking it is for them to add a channel.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:3
reply to nascar
So... The channels are gone.... Where's the beef!?! or a the new HD's?

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by nascar:

So... The channels are gone.... Where's the beef!?! or a the new HD's?

Which channels are gone?