Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to nascar

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

How about a channel dedicated to EAS in HD. That would solve that problem, lol.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
reply to matcarl

Someone with Prime says his letter mentions Halogen replacing Blue Highways.

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA
reply to nascar

While they are removing those, please remove the .TV channels.

ptuck874

join:2008-10-28
reply to nascar

not sure if this says anything either, but on demand free movies has sony movie network on there, never was before, maybe they are planning to add that?

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

Sure that isn't the Spanish language Sony Movie Network?

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

2 edits
reply to ptuck874

said by ptuck874:

but on demand free movies has sony movie network on there

Nice catch, I thought they were just the Sony spanish movies but notice these are in english. Definately means Sony Movie Channel is being added and I wonder what level of service will be needed to view it. BTW, as I haven't watched a movie yet, I take it they are unedited?

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

I don't mind an SD addition of SMC, but truly hope its not the first HD we get. All the movies are fairly old.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to bohratom

said by bohratom:

Nice catch, I thought they were just the Sony spanish movies but notice these are in english. Definately means Sony Movie Channel is being added and I wonder what level of service will be needed to view it. BTW, as I haven't watched a movie yet, I take it they are unedited?

»www.sonymoviechannel.com/about
"Sony Movie Channel is the first U.S. multi-platform television network from Sony Pictures Entertainment created specifically for the Hollywood movie fan, offering uncut and uncensored movies in stunning high definition. Programming is selected from more than 3,500 Sony Pictures films, which collectively have received 184 Academy Awards including 12 for Best Picture."

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nascar

I never even knew that Sony had its own dedicated movie channel...I guess it will be like Fox Movie channel...is this the future, where every major studio will now have their own dedicated channel and will prohibit any other network from airing their movies?

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to nascar

I too see Sony movie channel in our future but for now TV guide Channel HD is here

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by chitchatjf:

I too see Sony movie channel in our future but for now TV guide Channel HD is here

It is? Where?

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

said by matcarl:

said by chitchatjf:

It is? Where?

In his VHO ?? or perhaps just in his mind...

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to nascar

TV guide channel is on ch 694 (at least in VHO6)

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

Oh my what an utter WASTE of an HD slot.

URFloorMatt

join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

1 recommendation

reply to nascar

Is there a consensus on what the next most-wanted channel is? CBS Sports Network is probably mine.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by URFloorMatt:

Is there a consensus on what the next most-wanted channel is? CBS Sports Network is probably mine.

Does it matter what we want? I guess TV Guide Network HD was more important, LOL.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

+1

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to matcarl

Neither TVG or CBS Sports show up here in VHO4.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

Someone reported CBS Sports HD was a guide error? Is TVG HD actually airing up in Mass. or just the guide position?

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Greg2600:

Someone reported CBS Sports HD was a guide error? Is TVG HD actually airing up in Mass. or just the guide position?

up and working...
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

not as much of a waste as the .TV channels.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to miataman

I am glad to see that there is another HD channel being added ( hopefully to all VHOs soon and not just in 6 ) , but it is def better than what they could have added to the linup. but that's not my point.

Anyway, my question is : if they can add TV Guide HD, why not start with H2 in HD?

It's just IMHO , But I believe that H2 HD was , or is in more in demand from customers than TV Guide in HD.

But that is just my 2 cents.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

TVG HD makes zero sense. Most of it's programming is old SD-only TV shows. Newer shows such as Curb and Weeds are heavily censored. It's so poorly watched that owner Lionsgate has been trying to sell the network since January.

Verizon swears it adds channels based on customer requests and viewership numbers. This channel fails both tests!

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

Almost all the HD channel additions are based on contractual language with the content providers - so some less popular networks get added first.

Noles92

@graduateschool.edu
reply to Greg2600

By any objective standard there are many more worthy prospects than TV Guide HD:

H2 HD
HLN HD
CBS Sports Network HD
Lifetime HD
Crime & Investigation HD
Cooking HD
G4 HD

jodhak

@rga.com

FuelTV and beIN Sports should be added due to their constant live sporting events...

any channel with popular live sporting events should be available in HD ..

its a joke not to have those channels available in HD..

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

Almost all the HD channel additions are based on contractual language with the content providers - so some less popular networks get added first.

That's what I figured, but how does that explain CBS College and Crime & Investigation being "added" then reneged?

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

A PR person jumped the gun before the ink was dry....Things change.

Webcobbler

@mycingular.net
reply to Noles92

I hope DIY HD gets added ASAP. It's 1080i, and I watch it almost everyday. The same thing goes for H2 in HD. For me at least.

nlk10010

join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

TVG HD makes zero sense. Most of it's programming is old SD-only TV shows. Newer shows such as Curb and Weeds are heavily censored. It's so poorly watched that owner Lionsgate has been trying to sell the network since January.

Verizon swears it adds channels based on customer requests and viewership numbers. This channel fails both tests!

Please. As you know, Verizon lies through its teeth. I can safely say that I will offend no one on these boards (and virtually no one not on these boards) when I echo the sentiments of others that TVG is an absolute waste of an HD slot. The only conclusion one can draw is that Verizon either looks for the cheapest way to add to its "HD lineup" or that this add was necessary in order to get a more popular channel down the road.