share rss forum feed
« QIP7100STB Exchange question »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 ... 8 · 9 · 10 · next

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to just lou

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

LOL. Youtoo is complaining that Verizon is dropping them to make room, read this:

»www.multichannel.com/distributio···p/140730

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by matcarl:

LOL. Youtoo is complaining that Verizon is dropping them to make room, read this:

»www.multichannel.com/distributio···p/140730

Sounds like life in the big bad world of business. If the channel had a product that subscribers wanted, it wouldn't be dropped by any provider (and note that Verizon is not the first to drop the channel). Honestly, I don't even know where this channel is on the lineup.

When you're unhappy that your product isn't selling, lobby your lungs out, because apparently your product isn't good enough to gain viewership on its own after
rebranding" since 2011.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to matcarl

And don't forget to stop by Youtoo's "FiOS Keep Youtoo" site for a chance to earn points and win an iPad mini!

»www.youtoo.com/fioskeepyoutoo

Looks like Youtoo is pulling out all the stops to try and save themselves. They know that once they get dropped from Verizon they might have to shut down after already dropped from Charter and Cox last year.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

While I'm not happy about losing a channel that COULD (repeat COULD) one day be a TechTV kind of network, I just don't see that ever happening. The programming it has is horrible, and the concept of putting the viewer into the TV, or whatever that is, just makes no sense. That ship has sailed. It's called YouTube. If this guy's channel were any good, Google would have sued it already for infringing on the YouTube name.

Lastly, Mr. Wyatt, bandwidth with Verizon is actually NOT an excuse!

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to Zero

said by Zero:

And don't forget to stop by Youtoo's "FiOS Keep Youtoo" site for a chance to earn points and win an iPad mini!

They lost my support when they started to air the Xfiles episodes in 70 minute spots (aka 10 extra mins of commercials).

Sayonara ...

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to chitchatjf

Here in VHO7, I do not see the TVGuide Channel HD on 694.

Besides those in VHO6, does anyone else recieve this channel yet?

Thanks

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state

Not as of yet in VHO 5, I heard it's supposed by dec 21st according to a customer service rep. Is there any other HD channels to follow?

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

Thanks for the update. I interperate that to mean that the channel will be availiable nationally by that date. Let's just hope that the CSR is accurate , not BSing.

I hope that there are more HD channels to follow. I am wishing for DiY in HD, as well as H2 in HD.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Webcobbler

We have it in Hampton Roads -- VHO9a, at least it is in the Guide, I can't remember if I tried tuning to it or not.

celticpride

@verizon.net

we got tvguide HD channel 694 on vho3 so cal. on saturday. my wife recoded the cee lo concert .

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to nascar

There is more stuff to watch on the TV Guide channel than the .TV channels. Now if they would just dump the .TV channels.

What I really wish is that they would start changing many of these channels to MPEG4. No issues with my TiVo Premieres and MPEG4 channels.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

I imagine contract language prevents them.

joed

@verizon.net
reply to aaronwt

Wonder if they are doing this to make room for BeIn Sports 1 and 2 channels? Maybe they are getting closer in their negotiations as Verizon remains one of the last major providers not to add these new soccer channels.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

I really doubt it. Verizon has a huge backlog of SD channels contracted to distribute their HD feed, when space is available.

Expand your moderator at work

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to Greg2600

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

Greg,

I really do not know why H2 is not in HD on FiOS. H2 is free for providers who carry the History Channel. Besides not having space for HD feeds , I see no reason why not to carry it. I am sure it is one of the channels that are contractually obligated to carry in HD.

I am sorry I am saying this with a but of I'll-regard , but Ancient Aliens season 5 premiere is tomorrow ( the, if not, one of the flagship shows on H2 ) , And we all have to see it in SD. I do not like it. H2 has some great shows that we have to watch in SD. And most of them were ported over from History HD.

The one channel I can compare this to is : BBCA HD. FiOS just put that channel up in the nick of time for Copper series premiere, as well as Doctor Who. Why can't they do the same for H2 ?

IMHO , that is a better channel then TV Guide channel for an HD spot at the moment , bc it doesn't have current shows I believe , (still do not have that channel in HD btw in VHO7 bc I know some VHOs have it already), and I figure H2 HD would be up towards the top of the list, above TV Guide anyway.

Nothing against that channel bc it could've been a worse channel in HD to roll out.

Sorry for the little rant, but now seeing that Ancient Aliens season premiere is tomorrow with no H2 HD channel to watch it on, when I know another HD channel is being rolled out right now, just ... Well I had to vent a bit to you all.

Thank you all for hearing me out.

rpjoe
Premium
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ

+1 i see it as a treat when i go to CT every other weekend and watch Ancient Aliens in HD on U-Verse at the in-laws.
--
~ FiOS ~ * UltimateHD * QIP7232-2 * 35/35rev.G * iPhone 5 64GB W *

rhembo

@verizon.net
reply to nascar

Verizon baffles me..plenty of requested HD channels (H2...Bein Sports...G4...DIY) ignored and they choose TV Guide Network. Nowhere is that on anyone's to ad list

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

Contractual obligations take precedence over customer demand, sucks, but it's just the way it is.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

Did anyone else ever get TV Guide HD besides that first VHO that mentioned it? We still haven't gotten it here. Did the rollout stop?

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

We have it in vho9a.

chewypgh

join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to matcarl

said by matcarl:

Did anyone else ever get TV Guide HD besides that first VHO that mentioned it? We still haven't gotten it here. Did the rollout stop?

VHO 11 has it.

Tarkosephgus

@verizon.net

Nothing in VHO5

Noles92

@graduateschool.edu
reply to chewypgh

DC area (VHO 04) has it...

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to matcarl

Nothing in VHO7 yet.

Hopfully since that it seems more VHOs are getting the channel , we will get it within the next few days.

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

It's odd because TV guide Network HD is posted on the FIOS website for NY and still nothing.

»www22.verizon.com/home/fiostv/#channels

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

I see the same thing on the site for my specific area. It shows 694 TV Guide HD, but I do not recieve it yet. Not even test patterns on the channel, or anything.

I did call VZ, and the guy said that he sees that it is in the online channel guide, so we (I) am suppose to get it. But I don't.

He said it'll show up when it shows up on the TV.

However the one thing we agreed upon is: WHY ISN'T the H2 channel in HD YET ! He was a cool dude.

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
reply to FIOS4cable

I was told that it would be added today by a CSR, guess they told me wrong, but I feel it will be added around or on Dec 31st 2012.

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

thank for the update

glugalug

@verizon.net
reply to icemannyr1

said by icemannyr1:

If they kept channels delivered in MPEG4 as MPEG4 they could they put 3 in 1 QAM space?

If the kept the channels delivered in h.264/mpeg4 as h.264 they could put 4-5 in one QAM space at the typical satellite mpeg4 bitrates, or 10-20 HD in one QAM space at the maximum viable quality for MPEG-2, depending on how much action that channel has reducing mpeg-2 effectiveness. Yes, I am completely serious with that 10-20 number. The MPEG-2 standard used in North America is that bad.