Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog to steve1515

Premium Member

to steve1515

Re: [Business] IPv6 Availability

said by steve1515:

I have an SMC 8014. What would I need to do to get native IPv6? I'm currently using a HE tunnel.

Your on a Cisco CMTS in Mass it is safe to say that .. So standby we are getting really close to getting this worked out.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to NetDog

MVM

to NetDog
said by NetDog:

said by pflog:

This implies the Cisco CMTS isn't capable of v6 (or they don't want to update iOS to support it?) and that they will be replacing the hardware perhaps?

It is a software issue, we are working on it.. This is from the comcast6.net website, "We are targeting completion of the rest of the network by mid-2013."

<sorry, thread jacking a bit heh>

Thanks. Ok, so if the powerboost "erratic" speed issue is resolved at the same time, and I'm one of the last areas to hit the (targeted) date, I should receive 8 months of some sort of credit it sounds like. I'd rather have it working properly now, but I guess I'll take a fat credit instead.

<end of thread jacking>
Bill_F
join:2010-02-09
Huntsville, AL

Bill_F to NetDog

to NetDog
So is there any update on the SMCD3G IPV6?
Do you think the trial might start next month?

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by Bill_F:

So is there any update on the SMCD3G IPV6?
Do you think the trial might start next month?

I hate to say we are working on it, but we are. There is an outstanding IPv6 item that needs to be corrected on the SMC's first.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

What about the Cisco 10k? So once the IPv6 issue on the SMC is fixed, the people in non-Cisco areas will have IPv6, but those of us stuck on the Ciscos are SOL?

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by pflog:

What about the Cisco 10k? So once the IPv6 issue on the SMC is fixed, the people in non-Cisco areas will have IPv6, but those of us stuck on the Ciscos are SOL?

Cisco CMTS is still on hold but we are right around the corner.. So really close.. Once the SMC issue is fixed we will start up the trials on it. All of you that sent me your contact info I have it saved waiting for the start of the trial.
MrJester
join:2003-03-14
Knoxville, TN

MrJester to NetFixer

to NetFixer
I would like to be included in the Business Trial if possible.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by MrJester:

I would like to be included in the Business Trial if possible.

I'm not the person you need to tell. Try sending an IM to NetDog See Profile with your info (modem MAC, modem make/model, service address) as jlivingood See Profile requested earlier in this thread.
MrJester
join:2003-03-14
Knoxville, TN

MrJester

Oops. Hit reply on the wrong name. :/ Thanks for pointing it out.
earletp
join:2004-02-03
PDX
ARRIS SB8200
Asus RT-AC68

earletp to NetDog

to NetDog
said by NetDog:

said by pflog:

Cisco CMTS is still on hold but we are right around the corner.. So really close.. Once the SMC issue is fixed we will start up the trials on it. All of you that sent me your contact info I have it saved waiting for the start of the trial.

Does this mean you've suspended IPv6 testing in Portland, temporarily?

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

1 edit

NetDog

Premium Member

said by earletp:

said by NetDog:

said by pflog:

Does this mean you've suspended IPv6 testing in Portland, temporarily?

We currently have some testing going on right now, but we haven't really started anything yet on Cisco CMTS.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

PAtiently waiting and looking forward to the trials.
Just_Dan9
join:2005-01-15
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

Just_Dan9 to ropeguru

to ropeguru
I was asked by my wife today why we don't have IPv6 yet.
She does not know anything about it beyond the fact that an app she wants to use would prefer to communicate over IPv6.

I am coming up on my first anniversary as a static business class customer, and I know I should not be surprised the sales rep did not know what he was talking about, but I really hoped to we'd be online by now.
derekivey
join:2006-03-30
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

derekivey

Atleast they're actually working on it unlike Verizon who said they'd start deploying during Q3 of 2012. That never happened .