telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to andyross

Re: Newest bill shows new fee - Convenience Fee

said by andyross:

I do worry about the next month. I recently had to exchange a DTA that died. I hope the system doesn't treat it like 'new' and un-grandfather my free DTA.

Well, it looks like those "grandfathered" free DTAs are all being "un-grandfathered" soon: »[DTA] Formerly free DTAs are now $1.99/mo. each in the ATL

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by telcodad:

said by andyross:

I do worry about the next month. I recently had to exchange a DTA that died. I hope the system doesn't treat it like 'new' and un-grandfather my free DTA.

Well, it looks like those "grandfathered" free DTAs are all being "un-grandfathered" soon: »[DTA] Formerly free DTAs are now $1.99/mo. each in the ATL

I have not received any notice in my bill about such an impending change around here, but if/when it happens, my spare DTA (the TV for which it was obtained has long since been retired from service) will be returned forthwith. In fact I may just cut the cable TV cord entirely; I really can't remember when I actually watched anything on the TV (except for the occasional DVD or a locally stored movie on my Windows server) anyway.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

Decieved3754

@scansafe.net
reply to telcodad
All DTAs now are getting charged!!! Comcast just arbitrarily began charging $1.99 per DTA (at least in the Atlanta area). So much for the 2 free DTAs to help with the switch to encrypted digital service. This is clearly a deceptive bait-and-switch. Just filed FCC complaint and encourage others to do so also.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 edit
said by Decieved3754 :

All DTAs now are getting charged!!! Comcast just arbitrarily began charging $1.99 per DTA (at least in the Atlanta area). So much for the 2 free DTAs to help with the switch to encrypted digital service. This is clearly a deceptive bait-and-switch. Just filed FCC complaint and encourage others to do so also.

Yes, see a few posts back: »Re: Newest bill shows new fee - Convenience Fee

EDIT: Also see: Comcast Help and Support Forum - FREE digital adapters are now being charged
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/FR···/1439157