share rss forum feed

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
reply to Nezmo

Re: iTunes 11 is out

Right, and presumably, the tape output is the same.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to Nezmo

Problem with rental type services is the lack of imports. It is great for domestic stuff but imports are sorely lacking.

Cody
Bob Vance, VR
Premium
join:2002-05-28
Spokane, WA
reply to djrobx

I noticed that with mine, as well. Shoot.
--
Blame it on the C2H5OH

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1
reply to haroldo

quote:
iTunes Gets an Upgrade Without Missing a Beat
Published on December 4, 2012
by Walt Mossberg
Apple’s iTunes is the world’s most popular computer program for playing, managing and buying music, movies and TV shows. The company estimates the number of copies in active use to be in the high hundreds of millions. Now, Apple has given iTunes its biggest overhaul since 2003, when the software — originally just a jukebox for Macs — was made available for Windows computers and the built-in iTunes store was added.

I’ve been testing this major new version, called iTunes 11, and I consider it a significant improvement in the look, feel, speed and function of the program, which had become somewhat bloated, sluggish and dense over the years as new features were added.

This new version won’t please every iTunes user. Some familiar ways of doing things have changed and some longtime features have been axed in the name of simplification. People who use iTunes solely to organize and play their media, not to buy it from Apple, will find many more prompts to patronize the iTunes store. There also are a few small flaws Apple is pledging to fix soon.

Overall, however, I found the new iTunes a pleasure to use. The venerable program is now brighter and more colorful, with clever and pleasing new capabilities and faster search. There is tighter integration between the library of media that resides on your computer and media stored in Apple’s online iCloud service. Streaming from the cloud has been expanded. The store has also been made cleaner, simpler and easier to use...
»allthingsd.com/20121204/itunes-g···-a-beat/

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to haroldo

Generally I like the simplification of iTunes 11 except for my specific needs, let me explain and maybe someone will chime in with a workaround.

I host a weekly radio program and building the basic playlist in iTunes before exporting it and massaging it with the broadcast software I use.

Under iTunes 10.x on the PC I can search all my songs for a word, say "triangle" and all the songs matching that will show up and I can pop them into a new playlist and get the total playtime of that playlist and within the playlist highlight songs and get the running time for the highlighted songs combined.

Under iTunes 11 I have to manually force it to look for the word(s) I'm looking for in song titles only each time, when I create the new playlist I get a *total* running time, but I can't get a running time for selected songs within the new playlist.

Any suggestions?

NefCanuck

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

does it finally offered in 64 bits? the prev version was only 64 bit "installer" which means nothing to 99.99999 percent of us, it better be a true 64 bit? can someone check task manager and see if its a 64 bit process or a 32 bit one? also can u check if its installed in program files or program files (x86)??? plz and thanks
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
reply to haroldo

Its showing up as 32 bit for me.
iTunes.exe *32

edit: its also hogging up 450k of ram. Only thing taking up more is flash player and I'm streaming a music video right now.

interlync

join:2002-07-30
Chicago, IL
reply to haroldo

We like the new iTunes over here at the office, but I do miss the cover/album art view that we had in the sidebar (The optional little box showing if that track/video had album art). Also miss the multiple List view options.

interlync

join:2002-07-30
Chicago, IL
reply to Paolo

It does in fact show 64bit (on Mac). I notice some speed improvements overall, but that also might be some of those lost features no longer hogging iTunes resources.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
reply to Nezmo

crap, bad advertizing, apple says its 64 bit, but its still 32 bit, just the installer program is 64 bits id radther have a 32 bit installer and a 64 bit program, apple got htis one backwards? what the?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to haroldo

I find it absolutely atrocious. I can't stand the new layout and the downloading moving from where I can see it to the top right makes me want to scream.....as do most things with it.