uniqs
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to cnpogue

to cnpogue

Re: [Availability] DSL Availability Mendenhall, MS

said by cnpogue:

I tried using this website »www.t1shopper.com/servic ··· pi.shtml to determine if there was perhaps another company that offers dsl.

that website is clearly inaccurate...even using my address says DSL is not available when in fact, I used to have it and now Uverse is available.

try using this...
»/search

and find the nearest CO here..
»/coinfo

the CO distance will help determine if you can get dsl and at what speed.
cnpogue
join:2012-11-29

cnpogue

Ok, I located the CO. /coinfo placed the location at a local grocery and grain. Is it inside that building? It's an old building. There is a big metal box on the other side of the tracks, which happens to be right next to a line pole. Perhaps that is it?

Either way, I made two possible road routes to my house. It appears I am 3.7 miles(roughly 19,536ft) away on route A. Route B places me at 4 miles(21,120ft) away. Route A passed by my neighbor that has the service at 3.6 miles(19,008) from the CO. Route B passes by a church that has the service at 3 miles(15,840ft) from the CO. Both routes happen to split from one another at what I believe to be a remote terminal, not confirmed. The RT is 1.7 miles(8976ft) from the CO. That puts me at 2 miles(10560ft) from the RT by route A, and 2.3 miles(12144ft) from the RT by Route B. This is all assuming that google maps provides an accurate measurement of distance.