Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mittvok
Premium
join:2008-12-18
Grand Rapids, MI

Code of Princess

Anyone here have or have played Code of Princess for the 3DS?

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

said by Mittvok:

Anyone here have or have played Code of Princess for the 3DS?

I have not, but it seems to be a mixed bag for reviewers. Metacritic has it at 73, which is pretty decent for MC. IGN gave it a 6.9 with the following closing statement:

The Verdict

Code of Princess is a game that I'd love to like more than I do, as it isn't often we get new designs that call back to classic, pioneering genre hybrids like Guardian Heroes. Beyond the winning localization and expert voice acting, though, playing through this adventure just felt lacking – its various unique ideas and innovations never came together to create a real sense of fun. If you haven't bought it already, feel free to skip this release. You'll be missing out on some funny dialogue, sure, but other than that the only thing that's really attention-grabbing here is the princess's senseless and ridiculous nearly total nudity.

Whereas Destructoid gave it a 90 with the following closing statement:

I think Code of Princess will go on to be one of those cult-classic games that gamers will bring up in their 'must-play games' list for the 3DS, just like Guardian Heroes. It's really that good. That 'spiritual successor' label? Totally worthy. This is a beautifully crafted side-scrolling beat-'em-up that has no equal on the 3DS, and the love that went into the localization makes it that much better. If you've found yourself longing an old-school beat-'em-up with a real substance, challenge, and polish, you owe it to yourself to check out Code of Princess.

I will probably pick it up after a price drop.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--