Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus

Re: Upgraded Weapons?

said by Eumaeus:

Debating whether it's worth the valor to spend points to upgrade a 483 LFR weapon /w Sha-touched socket. Not sure atm...

You should ask yourself, are you killing the light/dark dragon in progression yet?

and have you completed the quest line enough to get the gem for the sha touched socket?

Also in 5.1 there are additional quests from the prince that will further upgrade the gem.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus

Slightly off-topic, but related - once you have the part of the gem questline to kill Sha of Fear, does this require normal or does LFR suffice?

10/10 Sigil of Power and 6/10 Sigil of Wisdom atm : )

We're not to Terrace just yet, but hoping we'll be there soon now that we've replaced enough 'problem' people holding up progression.

Pretty excited that it seems that the upgrades will cover your DMC trinket proc as well. Makes that a very tempting first option also.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Eumaeus:

Pretty excited that it seems that the upgrades will cover your DMC trinket proc as well. Makes that a very tempting first option also.

Pretty much BiS for my kitty considering that I just do LFR right now, so it was an easy first choice.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
I would assume that LFR Sha of Fear would count.
after all you can get the Sigils in LFR.

though the drop rate off LFR sha might not be 100% like in reg.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Yeah the DMC trinkets are simply amazing. The caster dps version is listed as BiS by most moonkin lists I've found including Heroic raid trinkets.

Question: Are you allowed to put upgrades on an unused BoE and sell it, or does the upgrade process cause the item to bind?

Not in a huge hurry to turn valor into gold, but might be an okay option for an alt's weekly cap.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Cannot confirm, but i would think upgrading it would make it soulbound