All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

1 recommendation

Feralmordius to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: Antonica: Solo tanking 25 man LFRs..

I am not sure on the numbers. But combined it was stronger than renewal itself. I picked it since it has a 1 min cool down. Might of Ursoc has 3min cooldown and Renewal has 2min cooldown, so I can use NS+HT at least twice as much as renewal alone.

I guess some fights that have a larger burst damage, the other pair may be more useful.

I also good reading for Bear specific fights,
»theincbear.com/10m-satur ··· n-vaults
»theincbear.com/10m-satur ··· -of-fear

This is where I originally read NS+HT macro and decided to try it out.

»www.tankspot.com/showthr ··· -Tanking

Tier 2 (Level 30): Nature’s Swiftness > Renewal > Cenarion Ward.
Why: Nature’s Swiftness makes your Healing Touch instant, heal for 50% more, and doesn’t pop you out of bear form. One minute cooldown.
- Renewal heals 30% of your max health once per 2 minutes. It stacks with MoU, yes but now you’ve blown both of your health cooldowns. Icy Veins recommends this over Nature’s Swiftness, but I really much prefer a NS+HT available every minute to me, doubly so if I have FR glyphed. On the beta with Dream of Cenarius, it cleared 130K heals on a lucky crit heal. That kicks Renewal’s tail, hands down.
Renewal may outpace NS+HT at high stam stacking (jury is still out), but so far I've been able to bail out some hairy five mans by using my NS+HT on the healer. Renewal only works on you.
- Cenarion Ward is supposed to be the equivalent of the Paladin’s Sacred Shield, but it seriously lacks healing punch and doesn’t include an absorb like the paladin version does. Suspect it may be more for Resto druids with higher spellpower.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

Renewal will scale better with higher gear than NT+HT though.

(However I am currently using the NT+HT combo... for now)

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

I go with Renewal because I think it is a lot more beneficial to have one bigger heal than 2 smaller heals more often, that means the odds of me being saved by renewal is better than a ns+ht.

If you are having a lot of rage issues Antonica, Kris is right. You need to look into being rage/crit capped. Theincbear has a lot of numbers on that. Simply put though, you want a lot of crit, be exp capped and be close to hit capped all while not sacrificing too much dodge/mastery/stamina. It's a lot of balancing right now and it sucks, lol. Maybe try reforgelite addon to help with reforging.

I also use FR unglyphed, this is what they recommend over at theincbear as well. Glyphed FR taking 60 rage to use is a real killer for me(imo at my crappy gear level anyways) just a thought.

Feralmordius

Feralmordius

Alot of balancing indeed. +1 for ReforgeLite, I find it much better and more flexible than AskMrRobot. However AskMrRobot does have the crit build option.

I know this depends heavily on gear but what do your numbers look like? Do you soft cap expertise for go higher?

My Stats:
Crit - 25.27%
Expertise - 10.89%
Hit - 4.92% (I thought I had this at 7%)
Mastery - 45.03%
Dodge - 13.21%
Stam - 16588

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
I don't have rage issues. The only time I would have rage issues, is when I tired to have glyphed FR up 100% of the time.

I dont like it glyphed anyway, so there are no rage issues now. I don't have any problems surviving or with threat. Ask Jobbie :P
Antonica

Antonica to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
Not sure what my EXP is, I'm sure it's really low though. I haven't reforged anything though, so that's something I can work on. Got 2 upgrades last night that put me way over hit cap, so I work on that tonight as well.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

I don't have rage issues.

oook......
Jobbie

Jobbie to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
Jokes aside I don't understand how you could peel the bosses off me after I taunted, I would have thread and the he would just go after your furry self.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

Many times you can see my fat ass faced to the boss, so I don't know either...

And let me fix my previous post. "I don't have bear rage issues in WoW". :P

Feralmordius

Feralmordius to Antonica

to Antonica
I was just wondering more for my build what other Crit builds numbers are looking like. Sounds like you have more the dodge stam build which is working for some. Think it really comes down to play style.
said by Jobbie:

Jokes aside I don't understand how you could peel the bosses off me after I taunted, I would have thread and the he would just go after your furry self.

Don't bleeds cause threat and can't they crit? So if the bleeds where hitting faster than your attacks it could of caused the boss to go back. I think this is primarily why I have issues catching up threat with some ot tanks while tanking on my pally.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Yeah I think that was it, I was tanking Terrace with Antonica on my 470stillinblues druid and I had to taunt sometimes twice to get the mob back on me.

When we did HoF with my Paladin that is better geared we didn't have that issue.