ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Humble Bundle THQ

Well, seems like it's no longer just an indie thing... but if anyone is looking for Metro 2033, Saints Row, Darksdiers or Company of Heroes... they're on the Humble Bundle for as much as you want!

»www.humblebundle.com/

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

That would be awesome as hell if I didn't own all of those games already. Those things go up for sale on Steam once a month or something....

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Also forgot to add Red Faction.
ekster

ekster to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

That would be awesome as hell if I didn't own all of those games already. Those things go up for sale on Steam once a month or something....

I didn't have a single one... so it's not a bad deal for me. The Steam library grows... and this time, I get to help out some charities so I don't feel that bad about it.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by ekster:

and this time, I get to help out some charities so I don't feel that bad about it.

That's what I always tell myself when I get the Humble Bundles

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
I bought this last night. I paid six dollars, which was more than the average so I got Saints Row the Third with it. Seven games for six dollars. I would have paid six dollars for just Darksiders.
Xentoch
join:2012-08-30
Chicago, IL

Xentoch to ekster

to ekster
Picked this up last night. I gave them $20 for it and gave most of that to charity. Still worth it for 7 games. This is my 3rd bundle Ive bought. I was looking at my purchase history and Ive spent $34 dollars on bundles so far and got 29 games out of it. Not a bad deal.

Also passed this info along on a few non-gaming forums I go to and people jumped all over it. Most of them never heard of the bundle. But last I checked there were about 12 replies saying they bought it. Its to good of a deal not to.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I 3/4 of those.
royhandy
join:2012-11-05
USA

royhandy to ekster

to ekster
Gettin' this when I get home. Thanks.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
Got this for the kid. He has been playing nothing but Saints Row since last night.
Expand your moderator at work

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Re: Humble Bundle THQ

Hurm, tried Darksiders for the first time... got disappointed after 5 seconds. Do they even bother 'porting' anything these days? Keyboard and mouse were completely unresponsive and the joystick buttons appearing on screen made zero sense as they never bothered to even rename anything and just kept the Xbox joystick.

So lame...

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Hurm, tried Darksiders for the first time... got disappointed after 5 seconds. Do they even bother 'porting' anything these days? Keyboard and mouse were completely unresponsive and the joystick buttons appearing on screen made zero sense as they never bothered to even rename anything and just kept the Xbox joystick.

So lame...

I keep an Xbox 360 gamepad around for just this reason.
PinkyThePig
Premium Member
join:2011-05-02
Tempe, AZ

PinkyThePig to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
Yeah darksiders was a let down but I am enjoying Red faction. Has actual graphics settings for PCs and looks and handles pretty well as well as having default controls that actually makes sense (darksiders had me doing capslock+1,2,3,4 wtf?).

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Still waiting for the others to finish downloading as I only entered the keys into steam yesterday. Darksiders that happened to be the first one to finish downloading, unfortunately... but they all should be downloaded tonight, so I finally get to try out the others.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
This bundle was a huge success for THQ. I just read that their stock price went up 40% as a result of the cash infusion this bundle has created.

That makes me think we'll be seeing other game companies jump on the bandwagon.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Yeah, I saw that news in steam...

I wouldn't mind seeing more companies do that. They get extra money, we get super cheap games and donate part of it to charities. Win-win.
ekster

ekster

Premium Member

»www.humblebundle.com/

And as usual per humble bundle, in my email:

The Humble THQ Bundle just added awesome bonus content! Get your hands on the action RPG Titan Quest and Red Faction: Armageddon's mission pack, Path to War!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Are the codes for each game sent separately or it comes as one for the bundle?

May get this if I can gift the games I have already.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU

I jumped on this last night as I don't have any of these games already. I did this just for Company of Heroes alone. I beat the original and it was awesome.

@Jobbie - Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor come as one code.

Saints Row 3, Titan Quest and Red Faction: Armageddon DLC each have their own code. So 4 codes total.

It also says that Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own. All keys are for your personal use only.
Fenrogue
join:2010-11-04

Fenrogue to ekster

to ekster
Re Titan Quest, which has just been added to this bundle. Is it a Diabo clone? Is it any good ?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
Oh that is awesome the ones I have on one code and the ones I don't have in a separate code.

Getting this now.

Thanks for the info Tru.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
Does anyone know if these games will all run on Win 7 64?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

I'm on Win 7 64 and so far tried Metro 2033, Darksiders, Red Faction and Company of Heroes. All work perfectly fine.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Sweet, thx

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Dum dum DUM

"We have another sweet addition for your gaming library! Please welcome Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition to the Humble THQ Bundle!"

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU

Ah, you beat me to it! I was just about to post this!

This Humble Bundle just keeps getting better and better.

I've taken a small hiatus from Far Cry 3 and I've been playing(addicted?) games from this THQ bundle for the last week or so.
DaMonster
join:2011-05-19
Tucson, AZ

DaMonster to ekster

to ekster
Awesome, I bought the last one and am now a dedicated humble bundler.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to ekster

MVM

to ekster
I missed it