how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to jaberi

Re: ok a strange topic: Dissolving Grandma. Part Deux

you can ask the person about it while their alive. Ask to see if they have a copy etc.

jaberi

join:2010-08-13

too late...guess the only way to do it then ask an attorney to ask for it, if it can't be done informally.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to true dat

said by true dat :

said by MaynardKrebs:

A lot of bodies probably ought to be disposed of as hazardous waste, particularly those people who died while being treated for cancer with carboplatin and other industrial strength anti-cancer agents. There's way too much pharmaceutical active ingredients leeching into the environment.

You aren't wrong.

I could ask (may take a few days) but I believe that some embalming waste is disposed of as biohazard material.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to jaberi

said by jaberi:

DKS can every member of the family have a right to informally request to see the will, or obtain a copy of the will?...before/after death.

I have no idea, but I doubt it. Not unless the person shows it to you.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to shrug

said by shrug :

you can ask the person about it while their alive. Ask to see if they have a copy etc.

You can ask them, but they're not legally bound to show it to you. After they pass away the executor isn't legally bound to show it to you either, but you can apply to the court to have a copy provided to you.