Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to hm

Premium Member

to hm

Re: ok a strange topic: Dissolving Grandma. Part Deux

said by hm :

Peoples wishes (the dead people) should come first. This is only respect, no?

Respect for what, exactly? You're dead. Gone. Expired. No longer part of this Earth. Maybe you're in heaven, maybe you're in eternal oblivion, but either way you won't care. The only thing that matters are the people left behind, their memories of you and how they want to celebrate your life and continue to remember you while they're still living. Telling them how they can mourn and remember you after you're gone is nothing more than attempting to maintain a certain self-centred arrogance from beyond the grave, and something I refuse to be a part of.

My wishes are quite simple - whatever my loved ones want. If they want to dissolve, flush me down the toilet and then use whatever money I may have left aside for something else, so be it. I'll be dead and gone and won't care, so my "wishes" are of little relevance. What they do is not for me to decide. It's for them. That's what respect is all about, not the other way around.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by Gone:

said by hm :

Peoples wishes (the dead people) should come first. This is only respect, no?

Respect for what, exactly?

ok

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
I'm with Gone on this one. I don't care if my loved ones dump my body in a ditch when I'm gone. In fact, I encourage it. I have no further use for my body at that point.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by TLS2000:

I'm with Gone on this one. I don't care if my loved ones dump my body in a ditch when I'm gone. In fact, I encourage it. I have no further use for my body at that point.

But, that's what you so wish. So your wishes will be respected.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

That's your belief, and I hope you've let your loved ones know your wishes. This is a case, of people having a diversity of opinion on it.

From the original cited article.
quote:
"We believe this process, which enables a portion of human remains to be flushed down a drain, to be undignified," Patrick McGee, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester, once told USA Today.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to hm

Premium Member

to hm
said by hm :

said by TLS2000:

But, that's what you so wish. So your wishes will be respected.

Or they could spend untold thousands of dollars. My point was it doesn't matter, because I'll be dead. I'd rather that they didn't waste their money on a funeral, but if they feel the need to do so it's their choice.